Website Brightworks School
An Extraordinary School!
Position: Office Admin with Innovative Private School
The Institute for Applied Tinkering (IAT) (a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization) is seeking a full-time Office Administrator to be part of the Administrative Team at Brightworks.
Brightworks is a school that says, “Yes!” You want to send a GoPro to the stratosphere in a weather balloon? Let’s do it! You want to build a sail car and go on a journey down an abandoned railway? Sure thing! You want to make a documentary about housing issues in the city? Alright, let’s figure it out together! We trust that children are instinctual learners, and we value partnering with them on their educational path. That is why we call our teachers “Collaborators”. To be here is to work side by side lovingly and in full support of the children who populate this place with their dreams, attempts and ideas. We ask Collaborators to think big, improvise, and learn alongside students. By taking the best practices from early childhood education and emergent, project-based experiential learning, we strive to meet students’ needs in a flexible, mixed-age environment that breaks the traditional walls between school and the community outside the classroom. Brightworks has been at the cutting edge of learner-driven education since its founding in 2011 and we continue to push the envelope of what is possible in education. Brightworks is in its 12th year and currently consists of ~110 students ages 5-18.
The Office Administrator reports to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors front desk and checks-in/out parents, volunteers, and guests according to established processes and procedures
- Helps students as needed, including first aid
- Answers phone and delivers messages
- Keeps first aid kit stocked
- General office work including but not limited to printing, scanning, and organizing documents
- Support with Attendance tracking of Brightworks
- Support attendance and supervision of Before Care program
- Helps with the Park Program during lunchtime hours. Providing supervision for students during lunch.
- Stocking kitchen and tidying
- Package and mail management
- Does set up for weekly Parent Coffee event
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in an administrative role
- Experience using Google programs (Sheets, Docs, etc)
- Enjoys engaging with children between the ages of 5-18
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and fluid environment
- Ability to represent the organization well with students, parents, and guests
- Nonprofit and/or private school experience is preferred, but not required
Skills, Habits, Attitudes
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate well and relate to students, parents, staff, faculty, and others
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to employ flexibility in the execution of duties
- Honor the competence and independence of children
- This position is a Non-Exempt; overtime laws apply
- All workdays are on-site
This is a full-time non-exempt position; overtime laws apply. Hours will start at 32 hours per week and potentially go to 40 hours. Salary estimate is $23-$27 per hour based on the candidate’s experience. Admin works for 10-11 months of the year, but there are other summer work opportunities available during the summer months. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental, vision insurance, and a retirement plan.
How to Apply
To apply for open positions, we ask applicants to send the following PDF documents to email@example.com. Or, apply through this link and add your Cover Letter to the “Additional Information” text box.
- Cover Letter, how did you learn about the position? Who are you? What is your journey? Why are you excited to work with us? What’s the last project that excited you?
- Resume of relevant work and educational experiences to support your candidacy
- We are currently reviewing applications
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gusto.com.