Marin Country Day School
Associate Director of Admission & Outreach
Full-Time (full year, exempt)
Reports to Director of Admission
Marin Country Day School is looking for an admission team member who displays excellent communication and people skills, scrupulous attention to detail, a calm presence in stressful situations and a resilient sense of humor. Demonstrates strong data entry and computer skills (experience with Word, Excel and proficient with student information systems). Thrives on organization and multi-tasking and comfortable working with confidential information. Self-motivated, energetic, approachable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS School is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 590 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin. Our mission states:
Our school is a community that
Inspires children to develop a love of learning, thoughtful perspectives and a diversity of skills;
Nurtures in each of them a deep sense of respect, responsibility and compassion; and
Challenges them to envision and to work toward a better world.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
Displays excellent communication and people skills, scrupulous attention to detail, a calm presence in stressful situations and a resilient sense of humor. Demonstrates strong data entry and computer skills (experience with Word, Excel and proficient with student information systems). Thrives on organization and multi-tasking and comfortable working with confidential information. Self-motivated, energetic, approachable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Understands and supports the MCDS mission and philosophy
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Displays knowledge of and administers school policies, procedures and practices
- Maintains confidentiality of student, family and personnel information
- Develops relationships with current and prospective MCDS families
Associate Director Principal Responsibilities:
- Provides general office and customer relations duties for The Admission Office
- Conducts parent interviews for families applying to grades 1-7*
- Works with the Director of Admission on strategic Outreach and Events
- Helps plan, implement, support and attends all Admission Receptions and Events
- Helps plan, implement and support Tour Guide events; attends all Campus Tours
- Oversees and manages 6th Grade Applicant Visits
- Maintains statistical admission information; generates various reports as needed
- Explains application processes to prospective and current MCDS parents; responds to some telephone and email inquiries
- Serves as lead on Upper School Admission Day
- Manages the Student Ambassador Program
- Helps plan, implement, support and attends Lower School Admission Day
- Coordinates all Admission testing, including the ISEE for applicants to grades 5-8
- Serves as the lead on the Upper School & Off Grade Admission Committees
Outreach Principal Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Admission to help strategically plan outreach efforts
- Serves as the Admission Contact and event lead for all partner programs and events, including but not limited to Bridge the Gap College Prep, The SMART Program, Next Generation Scholars, Breakthrough Collaborative.
- Coordinates and serves as the lead on Affinity Events; one for current families and some for prospective families.
- Leads and coordinates the Admission Office Inclusion Contact Program
Satisfactory TB risk assessment
Clear Criminal History Background Check
Must be available some evenings and weekends
- Robust professional development program
- Faculty and Staff of Color Affinity Group called Fusion
- Active SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity) group
- Strong and supportive professional community with a growth mindset
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community. Compensation is competitive.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com