Marin Country Day School
Reports to the MCDS Director of Admission
Admissions Office – Late August through end of March
Registrar and Development Offices – April through August
Non-exempt Full-year Full-time Staff
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS School is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 590 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin. Our mission states:
Our school is a community that
Inspires children to develop a love of learning,
thoughtful perspectives and a diversity of skills;
Nurtures in each of them a deep sense of
respect, responsibility and compassion; and
Challenges them to envision and to work toward a better world.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
Marin Country Day School is looking for an admission team member with excellent social skills, who displays strong cultural competence, is flexible, positive, adaptable, adept at customer service, maintains calm under pressure, and is an excellent team player. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of three years work experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic office and school environment. Experience with children, parents, volunteers and independent school culture is a bonus.
- Complex data entry in multiple databases
- Filing/updating/organizing/auditing of physical and electronic records
- Assist in weekly events – set-up and break down
- Assist in organizing Campus Tour logistics and materials production
- Assist in organizing Admission Testing Days, applicant screenings, applicant visits and parent interviews
- Assist with prospective family follow-up for scheduling various appointments, missing application items, etc.
- Assist with major annual mailings
- Welcome visitors as needed, assist with customer service calls
- At least one year of Admission or Development support experience
- Extensive experience with databases, PC & Mac operating systems, Google Docs, Gmail, Microsoft Office programs
- Satisfactory TB risk assessment
- Clear Criminal History Background Check
- Must be available to begin work at 7:30am frequently
- Understands and supports the MCDS mission and philosophy
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities
- Displays knowledge of and administers school policies, procedures and practices
- Maintains confidentiality of student, family and personal information
- Develops relationships with current and prospective MCDS families
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of
diversity throughout the school community. Compensation is competitive.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org