Reporting directly to the Technology Services Coordinator, the Information Systems Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day support of the school’s technical equipment. This person will work to meet daily needs, provide creative solutions and roll out new systems and technology solutions to Woodland’s employees, students and parents.
- Provide technical support to all Woodland staff, faculty, and students while prioritizing helpdesk requests to minimize interruption to school operations.
- Manage and monitor the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Perform general troubleshooting and required maintenance of equipment and software (including but not limited to Google Workspace, Schoology, iPads, OWLs, classroom projectors, laptops, chromebooks and Mosyle/Securly services).
- Troubleshoot other systems as needed for Voice-over-IP (VOIP) phone system, Visiplex bell system, printers, copiers, security cameras, etc.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of school owned hardware and loaner devices.
- Provide Blackbaud/portal support for password resets, new accounts, permissions, and general troubleshooting.
- Monitor and implement IT best practices including hardware and software patches and deployment.
- Collaborate with the Director of Information Services to ensure efficient operation of the school’s computing environment.
- Assist with A/V and livestream setups and provide support during special events and meetings.
- Experience with Mac OS, iOS, Chrome OS, and Windows 10 in an educational setting.
- MDM experience with Mosyle and/or Securly.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues including printers, projectors, document cameras, etc.
- Experience setting up, navigating and training employees and parents on school related apps such as Google Workspace, Schoology, Seesaw, Zoom, and other Ed Tech apps.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts such as VLAN, VPN, WiFi, DHCP, DNS.
- Strong customer service and communication skills are essential. The position requires an individual to lift up to 30 pounds.
- This is an in-person position.
Salary range: The salary range for this position is between $28.00-$33.00/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Overview of Woodland School
Located just west of Stanford University, Woodland is an independent day school that offers a joyful approach to learning in a diverse, respectful, and inclusive environment for approximately 300 students in early childhood through eighth grade. There are two sections of each grade level K-8 with class sizes that average between 14-18 students.
Woodland School specializes in education that inspires students by nurturing each individual’s voice, intellect, and character. With rich content and an emphasis on inquiry-based and student-driven projects, students are empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners. Our students’ innate sense of wonder is the foundation of learning at Woodland School. Teachers craft meaningful, multi-sensory learning experiences that enable creativity, ingenuity, and deep interdisciplinary connections. Students explore and develop complex understandings that engender a sense of self and purpose in the world.
Woodland School’s faculty create a school environment that is as supportive and nurturing as it is challenging, and they embody the core values of the school—respect, integrity, curiosity, resilience, equity, and stewardship. Our teachers are themselves learners, constantly searching for ways to improve their practice. A robust professional development program supports our faculty by connecting them to the best practices in pedagogy, curriculum development, educational technology, and student assessment.
Woodland School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity. Woodland School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the administration of its educational or admission policies, financial aid distribution, or other school programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position can be physically demanding. Reasonable accommodations may be made if requested in advance.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job please visit woodland-school.hiringthing.com.