Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in West Los Angeles, seeks an organized, highly motivated and enthusiastic art lover for the position of Visual and Media Arts Department Assistant and Studio Manager, who is highly capable of creating and maintaining organizational systems in a busy art studio environment. The Studio Manager will work closely with teachers in a range of media and art disciplines.
The ideal candidate has strong organizational and communication skills, is detail oriented and thorough, is comfortable taking initiative and working independently in a busy environment. Experience with middle or high school-aged children is not required, but preferred. Skills, or experience in hanging art exhibitions (preparing artwork and spacial designing), is also preferred. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new design and imaging software, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
This is a great part-time job opportunity for those interested in art education. Opportunities are possible for teaching experience in the classroom, including substitute teaching, leading extracurricular classes and activities, and co-teaching with fellow faculty.
The responsibilities of this job include the following:
● Clean and organize classrooms and storage spaces.
● Prepare materials and supplies for classroom projects.
● Order, procure, and maintain equipment and supplies.
● Install and maintain student artwork throughout campus.
● Prepare artwork for gallery shows.
● Design, install and uninstall gallery shows.
● Assist teachers in the classroom as needed.
● Photograph, prepare, and archive student artwork.
Days and times are usually flexible, as long as they are mostly within the hours of the school day (8-4pm, M-F). Applicants must have reliable transportation, be comfortable running errands, and carrying supplies up to 20lbs.
Hours/Rate: 24 hrs/week, $20/hr
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community. Please see the Employment page on our website, which includes a salary calculator. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Funds for Professional Development
● Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community
● And much more!
For more information about Windward, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should submit a resume, three letters of recommendation and a letter of interest.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.