Website Windward School
Windward School is a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles. Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting-edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well, informed, ethical and prepared, thus promoting the fullest development of the individual.
We are seeking a dynamic, resourceful, and highly organized Production Manager to join the Performing Arts Department in August 2022 to support both on and off campus productions in Dance and Theatre. This position works in coordination with the Technical Director, Area Advisors/Production Directors in Dance and Theatre, and reports directly to the Director of Performing Arts. This is a part-time 40% FTE designation and is a one-year commitment for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The ideal candidate for this Production Manager [henceforth PM] position is an experienced problem-solver, an enthusiastic collaborator, a skilled communicator and an organized administrator. Specifically, the PM must be able to do the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
● In collaboration with the Technical Director, Area Advisors and Production Directors for Dance and Theatre, manage pre- and post-production logistics, including working with show directors to create checklists, plans, and timelines for design, build, and strike for all productions.
● Use resources and connections within their extensive industry network to hire top-rated design professionals to work on productions who may also serve as mentors for the Technical Theatre students.
● In collaboration with Area Advisors/Production Directors, coordinate all work from external designers and clearly delineate expectations. The PM also acts as liaison between Designers and rental companies as needed for practical reasons.
● Coordinate with the Business Office, Human Resources, and the Assistant Director of Performing Arts regarding any independent contractors or part-time employees for background clearances and compensation classification for productions or assistance in the department.
● In collaboration with Area Advisors/Production Directors, schedule, manage and attend all production meetings to ensure a cohesive vision encompassing all production elements between the director, designer(s), and other production staff.
● Maintain positive relationships with representatives of various outsourced resources, vendors, co-workers, guest artists and designers. Integral to this position is the demonstration of practical initiative; respectful, courteous and collaborative relationships; affirmative, efficient and ethical working practices with a positive attitude.
● Create itemized budgets or adhere to already existing itemized budgets and work with the Director of Performing Arts to review and gain approval for ALL production expenses, and to document all production expenses in a timely, organized manner.
● Attend all technical rehearsals and coordinate with the Technical Director, Stage Manager and Directors to ensure specific and detailed notes are documented and conveyed to the appropriate design team members.
● The ideal candidate should have at least 1-3 years of experience managing an established professional theater/performance space and/or one that is in an academic setting.
● Working knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre and dance productions and presentations including set design, set construction, lighting design and operation, sound design and operation, prop design and costume design.
● Commitment to ongoing professional development.
● Very strong written and oral communication skills.
● Very strong organizational and time management skills.
● Experience coordinating multiple ongoing projects with a clear head and grace under pressure.
● Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
For more information about Windward, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should send their materials via the Application link.
● Current CV
● Letter of Intent
● Three letters of recommendation
Selected individuals will be asked to come to campus for more in-depth interviews.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.