Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles, seeks an experienced and innovative educator to join our Science & Technology Department as a Science and Robotics teacher. Our current opening is for a full time teacher (5 sections) covering sections of Principles of Science 2 and 7th Grade Robotics. Principles of Science 2 is an 8th grade science course covering earth science in the Fall and then pivots to simple machines in the Spring in order to prepare students for our 9th Grade Physics courses. 7th Grade Robotics covers basic programming and building and supports our computer science courses in the upper school. Specific courses needing coverage may be flexible and may also change from year to year based on the department’s needs and teachers’ strengths and interests.
Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage our students to be responsible, caring, well-informed, ethical, prepared, and well-balanced young adults.
In the Science & Technology Department, students and teachers work together to develop a growth mindset, and deepen skills and understandings in critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving. Laboratory and inquiry-based courses support and challenge students to better understand their own learning processes and to acquire increasingly sophisticated strategies as learners. Teachers in our department strongly value collaboration within the department and with colleagues across disciplines.
● A bachelor’s degree in a laboratory science; an advanced degree is preferred.
● Have 3-5 years experience teaching, experience at the middle school level preferred
● Be cognizant of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in science education and be willing to apply it in the classroom and share with other teachers
● Participate actively in the life of the school
● Be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
● Be open to professional growth and development
● Communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues
● Have excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum
Salary Range: $71,350 – $134,860, depending on experience. Please review the Faculty Salary Calculator on our Careers page for additional information.
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community. Please see the Careers page on our website, which includes a salary calculator. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Funds for Professional Development
● And much more!
For more information about Windward, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter of interest to Susan Herrera, Director of Human Resources, via the Application Link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.