Website Windward School
Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles, seeks full-time Educational Technology Specialist. An ideal candidate is an experienced and innovative educator who will work with the forward-thinking faculty and staff to integrate the most effective pedagogy and tools for student learning throughout the School and each department. The Educational Technology Specialist will join our Ed Tech team within the Center for Teaching and Learning and report to the Director of Educational Technology.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well-informed, ethical, prepared, and well-balanced young adults.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a dynamic space and team that promotes excellence in teaching and enhances student learning by fostering collaboration across the curriculum.
● Provide direct support to classroom teachers through coaching and modeling the use of pedagogy and technology resources to best support and advance student and adult learning.
● Provide ongoing technological professional development in collaboration with the Director of Ed Tech for faculty, staff, and administration during the school year and summer.
● Assist the Director of Ed Tech with educational technology integration and student/faculty/staff/parent training during the school year and summer.
● Meet regularly with faculty to discuss their curricular needs and provide timely support.
● Create engaging, successful training sessions for teachers and students with varying skill levels.
● Teach middle and upper school media literacy lessons.
● Create training documentation on using and accessing specific systems through written and recorded methods while providing support to users.
● Act as the primary point of contact for AP and PSAT Testing.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Education or Educational Technology preferred
● Teaching experience (middle and upper school is preferred); 3-5 years’ experience
● Exceptional collaborative skills, interpersonal abilities, and patience; customer service oriented
● Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills, including ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and follow through to completion in a timely manner
● Proficiency with the Google Workspace and Learning Management Systems, preferably Canvas
● Ability to quickly learn unfamiliar tools and share the information with a diverse group of people
● Self-motivated mindset: imagine and build new and exciting opportunities for yourself, students and employees
● Demonstrated commitment to DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging), such as participating in an affinity group or professional development opportunity.
● Personal qualities sought: Integrity, analytical thinker, problem solver, flexible, creative, patient, customer service oriented, a life-long learner who seeks to remain current through continuing education and professional development.
Salary Range: $71,350 – $90,000, depending on experience. Please review the Faculty Salary Calculator on our Careers page for additional information.
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community
● And much more!
For more information about Windward School, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of interest via the Apply link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.