Website Windward School
Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles, seeks an experienced and innovative educator to join our Science and Technology Department as a Computer Science teacher to support our growing CS program. Our current opening is for a full-time teacher (5 sections) covering sections in both AP and non-AP level Computer Science. The successful candidate will have teaching experience at the secondary level as well as experience working with collaborative teams. Specific courses may be flexible and may also change from year to year based on the department’s needs and teachers’ strengths and interests.
Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage our students to be responsible, caring, well-informed, ethical, prepared, and well-balanced young adults.
In the Science and Technology Department, students and teachers work together to develop a growth mindset, and deepen skills and understandings in critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving. Laboratory and inquiry-based courses support and challenge students to better understand their own learning processes and to acquire increasingly sophisticated strategies as learners. Teachers in our department strongly value collaboration within the department and with colleagues across disciplines.
● Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
● Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
● Be cognizant of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in computer science education and be willing to apply it in the classroom and share with other teachers
● Participate actively in the life of the school
● Be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
● Be open to professional growth and development
● Communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues
● Have excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum
Summary of Major Responsibilities
● Teach five sections of Computer Science courses; while primarily an Upper School position, some Middle School work is possible.
● Monitor and evaluate students’ progress and communicate with parents and Division teams regarding student progress.
● Exhibit knowledge of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in computer science pedagogy by applying it in the classroom and sharing it with teachers on a departmental and school-wide basis.
● Participate in regular, purposeful pedagogy meetings and professional development sessions.
● Participate actively in the life of the school through attendance at events, committee membership, and leadership of extracurricular activities.
● Perform other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, as requested by the divisional directors.
Salary Range: $71,350 – $134,860, depending on experience. Please review the Faculty Salary Calculator on our Careers page for additional information.
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community
● And much more!
For more information about Windward School, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should submit a resume, three letters of recommendation and a letter of interest via the Apply link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.