The Athenian School
Athenian employees embrace the cornerstones of Athenian’s philosophy: respect; open and direct communication; honesty; fairness; responsibility; cultural competence; and dedication to our students in their intellectual and personal growth. Active support for environmental conservation, international understanding, equity, inclusion, justice, participatory government, outdoor education, and service is essential.
The Athenian School strives to attract and retain a faculty and staff of the highest caliber. We have a unique community filled with many differing opinions, backgrounds, ideologies, and experiences. We have students from all over the globe; families of all sorts; many faiths and those who are non-observant; we represent all income levels. What we share is a belief in Athenian’s mission. We are particularly interested in candidates with a proven commitment to teaching and working in a diverse, multicultural setting.
The Athenian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, faith, sex, gender or gender expression, age, ability, sexual orientation, familial or marital status. We are actively seeking to create a more culturally diverse school community and as such, we encourage people of color and members of the LGBTIQ community to apply.
- Teach 3 sections of World Literature to 9th graders
- Participate in grade level and core teams
- Advise a student advisory group
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated excellence in high school level instruction in the Humanities
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology in content delivery/skill development
- Experience with project-based learning
- Demonstrated commitment to The Athenian School’s ideals: Education for democracy, equity and inclusion, community service, multiculturalism, and environmental stewardship
- Growth mindset, flexibility, comfort with a quick pace of change and openness to collaboration and experimentation
- Openness to feedback and improvement
- Model lifelong learning
- Advanced university degree
- Experience working in a boarding school with an international student population
- Understanding of independent schools
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org