Website The Hamlin School
Title: Lower School Associate Teacher
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and qualifying experience
Reports to: Lower School Division Head
Primary Responsibilities: Support Head Teachers in Lower School classroom instruction and facilitate small-group instruction; support integration across Lower School curriculum areas and collaboration between teachers; work with colleagues to design meaningful learning experiences for students; foster communication and a respectful partnership between teachers and parents
Hours/Classification: 10-months; Full-Time, Exempt
________________________________________________________________________Expectation of Employee Civility and Commitment
The Hamlin School seeks teachers who will support and implement the school’s mission and Creed. We are a school where there is a clear commitment to passionate engagement with both the art and science of teaching. Hamlin teachers are caring, compassionate, collaborative, and are dedicated to the education of girls and to the integration of current essential capacities into lesson design. The role of an Associate teacher is a collaborative one. While the Head Teacher shoulders primary responsibility for a class, both teachers are expected to plan together to deliver whole-group and small-group instruction across content areas. The Associate teacher participates actively in teaching and assessment, attends Student Support Services meetings, supports parent- teacher conferences and report-writing, and substitutes for their teaching partner when absent.
- Maintain a level of professionalism that provides the community the ability to embrace you as a colleague and entrust all duties below
- Through partnership with a Head Teacher, provide whole-group, small-group, and individual instruction in language arts, mathematics, social studies, and social-emotional curricula as identified in the Curriculum Guide
- Work collaboratively to provide instruction and care for a specific homeroom of girls or subject area
- Communicate and collaborate with other faculty and staff regarding each student
- Contribute to group discussions via questions, comments, suggestions for improvement or change
- Assess student progress using a variety of data collection tools and methods
- Support parent-teacher conferences and report writing for fall and spring semesters
- Identify materials, resources, and technology needs for program
- Integrate appropriate technology tools and resources for instruction during Distance Learning
- Support and update class web page (s) and blog (s)
- Participate actively in faculty meetings, admissions, and other school events
- Pursue relevant opportunities for professional growth and development
- Supervise students in other venues such as recess, lunch, field trips, carpool, etc.
- Participate in grade-level outdoor education trips (Grades 3, 4, STEM, & Art Associate teachers)
Perform other duties consistent with the above responsibilities
At The Hamlin School, we are committed to a policy of equal employment for all applicants and employees. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we recruit and hire applicants with diverse backgrounds and professional experience that show their commitment to K-8 education and being a contributing member of a learning community.
To apply for this job please visit hamlinschool.bamboohr.com.