The Carey School
The Carey School seeks a qualified candidate to be the HR Associate and Executive Assistant who will provide support to the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, and the Director of Finance. As the delegate for the HoS and DoF, the EA will work in the following areas: Human Resources, AP & AR, Board of Trustees management, and Head of School support. Reporting to the Head of School and the DoF, this position will have high visibility within the organization and be part of a highly effective and collaborative team. At The Carey School, we work thoughtfully and continuously to live our core values of diversity and inclusion so that everyone feels welcomed and valued.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Human Resources: In conjunction with DoF & HoS, assist with the hiring process. Includes preparation of Employment agreements, communicating with new employees on new hire paperwork, and creating and maintaining Employee records. Communicating/coordinating with other departments on off boarding/onboarding. Work with the DoF and HoS facilitate onboarding to all school benefits.
● Head of School/DoF Support: Support the head of school with project management, coordinating schedules for DoF & HoS, documenting all Administrative meetings, and communications.
● Board of Trustees support: Responsible for managing scheduling of all Board of Trustees meetings, including all committee meetings and coordinating with Administrative staff who attend. Attending all meetings and documenting discussions and tracking follow-up/action items.
● Business Office and School support: Assisting DoF with Business office operations. Supporting accounting functions and coordinating with the Controller. Assist with student facing duties and provide student supervision on campus.
● DoF Support: Assist with management of ad hoc projects.
● Other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred
● Superior communication skills both written and oral, especially in regard to communicating with parents, teachers, administrators, and students
● Understanding of essential HR functions and best practices
● Familiarity with relevant employment laws and regulations
● Accounting/Administration experience – strong experience in managing internal procedures & policies. Strong technology skills and experience learning new technology platforms
● Maintain a professional image and provide excellent customer service
● Well-developed collaborative work style and positive attitude
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent project management and organizational skills with an ability to meet deadlines
● Discretion and confidentiality
● Able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be able to adapt to changing priorities, demands, and a variety of challenges
● May work at a desk and computer for extended periods, occasional evening and weekend work is required
● High proficiency with Bamboo or other HRIS systems, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Apple product
● Hours 8am – 4pm in person
● Non-exempt, hourly position, ranging from $40-$45/hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org