Website The Bay School of San Francisco
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Varsity Assistant Coach Girls Tennis
DURATION: August 7, 2023- October 20, 2023
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
COMPENSATION: $3,500 estimated stipend depending on experience
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college-preparatory high school committed to equity and belonging within Bay and beyond. The school seeks to provide its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, and good humor. Bay students have been described as engaged and thoughtful self-advocates who value community and courage. Please visit our precepts and academics pages to learn more about our school.
The Bay School considers all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression (SOGIE), ability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a staffulty and student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply. We encourage BIPOC candidates to apply.
All Bay School employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine prior to starting work unless exempted from an immunization in accordance with law, and provide documentation confirming such immunization and/or exemption.
We do not sponsor work visas.
The Bay School’s commitment to athletics is based upon our goal to educate the “whole” person and our belief that physical and athletic accomplishments have important lifelong benefits. The school seeks to be known for its athletic achievements, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit as well as to be respected for the integrity and discipline of its players, coaches, and spectators. We are members of the North Coast Section (NCS) and CIF, the Bay Area Conference (BAC), and Bay Counties League (BCL).
● Previous coaching at the high school and/or college level required. Experience playing at the college level or above is preferred;
● Plan and lead 1 ½ to 2-hour afternoon practices Mon-Fri, beginning no earlier than 3:00 p.m. and ending no later than 6:00 p.m;
● Attend all matches which may require being available earlier than 3:00 p.m;
● Attend occasional athletic department meetings and school events as needed;
● Possess a valid CA driver’s license and be willing to drive a school van to/from practices and games;
● Have NFHS coach certification;
● Have valid CPR/First Aid certification;
● Complete a LiveScan background check;
● Complete mandated reporter and harassment training.
The Ideal Candidate
● Has strong athletic knowledge and experience in the sport of tennis and a desire to build/maintain a successful program;
● Possess a professional and positive demeanor when working with colleagues, students, and parents;
● Enjoys working with and developing teenagers as student-athletes and good citizens;
● Strives to build teamwork, skill, and sportsmanship as the cornerstones of our tennis program;
● Finds resonance with the school’s mission and philosophy, especially with regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
● Has the energy to work in a small independent school environment;
● Possesses excellent organization, time management, and strong communication skills;
● Demonstrates the ability to provide and incorporate constructive feedback as a means to improve the student experience as well as their own coaching;
● Seeks to serve as a role model for young student-athletes, understanding both culturally responsive coaching and the social justice dimensions of education; ● Dedicates themselves to anti-bias and equity work;
● Commits to innovation, professional growth, and reinvention.
If interested in the position, please email all of the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Varsity Assistant Coach Girls Tennis Incomplete applications will not be considered.
● Cover Letter explaining how you will contribute to Bay’s athletic program;