Website The Bay School of San Francisco
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Boys Volleyball Coach
DURATION: February 5th, 2024 – May 9th, 2024
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
COMPENSATION: $4,000 – $7,500 estimated stipend depending on experience
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college-preparatory high school committed to equity and belonging within Bay and beyond. The school seeks to provide its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, and good humor. Bay students have been described as engaged and thoughtful self-advocates who value community and courage. Please visit our precepts and academics pages to learn more about our school.
The Bay School considers all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression (SOGIE), ability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a staffulty and student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply. We encourage BIPOC candidates to apply.
We do not sponsor work visas.
The Bay School’s commitment to athletics is based upon our goal to educate the “whole” person and our belief that physical and athletic accomplishments have important lifelong benefits. The school seeks to be known for its athletic achievements, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit as well as to be respected for the integrity and discipline of its players, coaches, and spectators. We are members of the North Coast Section (NCS) and CIF, the Bay Area Conference (BAC), and Bay Counties League (BCL).
● Plan and assist in leading 1 ½ to 2-hour afternoon practices Mon-Fri, beginning no earlier than 3:00 p.m. and ending no later than 7:30 pm;
● Attend all games which may require being available earlier than 3:00 p.m;
● Attends occasional athletic department meetings and school events as needed;
● Previous coaching at the high school and/or college level preferred;
● Experience playing at the college level or above preferred;
● Possess a valid CA driver’s license and be willing to drive a school van to/from practices and games;
● Have or obtain NFHS coach certification;
● Job offers are contingent upon clear LiveScan fingerprinting and TB risk assessment. Other requirements include completing first aid/CPR training, mandated reporter training, anti-harassment training, and bloodborne pathogen prevention training. Access to these mandatory trainings are provided and paid for by the school.
The Ideal Candidate
● Has strong athletic knowledge and experience in the sport of volleyball and a desire to build/maintain a successful program;
● Possess a professional and positive demeanor when working with colleagues, students, and parents;
● Enjoys working with and developing teenagers as student-athletes and good citizens;
● Strives to build teamwork, skill, and sportsmanship as the cornerstones of our volleyball program;
● Finds resonance with the school’s mission and philosophy, especially with regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
● Has the energy to work in a small independent school environment;
● Possesses excellent organization, time management, and strong communication skills;
● Demonstrates the ability to provide and incorporate constructive feedback as a means to improve the student experience as well their own coaching;
● Seeks to serve as a role model for young student-athletes, understanding both culturally responsive coaching and the social justice dimensions of education;
● Dedicates themselves to anti-bias and equity work;
● Commits to innovation, professional growth, and reinvention.
If interested in the position, please email all of the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Boys Volleyball Coach
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
● Cover Letter explaining how you will contribute to Bay’s athletic program;