Are you an experienced, imaginative, and collaborative educator who believes in progressive education? Do you enjoy creating meaningful learning experiences, and being part of a diverse, supportive and talented community? If so, please consider joining our team at Tessellations. We are currently accepting applications for a part-time Associate Teacher position. We are seeking individuals who can substitute teach as needed, with the hope that you would grow into a full-time teaching position next year. Competitive salary commensurate with experience available.
Tessellations is a blossoming progressive K-8 non-profit school for gifted learners based in Cupertino, CA. Our mission is to provide challenging experiential education that recognizes and nurtures the individual strengths of gifted learners, empowering them to confidently express who they are and pursue a meaningful life. At Tessellations, community is a core value, as it is the reason our small and mighty school was able to form and thrive despite the global pandemic. Our team consists of passionate, qualified and dedicated staff from diverse backgrounds and includes nationally renowned gifted experts. Our first year was online only. In our second year, we moved onto our beautiful campus and quadrupled in size, and we also added our Nature Campus. We’re in our third year with excellent staff and student retention, and extremely high family satisfaction.
If you join our team you will help us grow our program and continue designing and delivering a rich, immersive learning experience. You will be heard, respected, and celebrated for your talents and efforts. You will work with students who love to learn, engaged parents who are grateful for your work, and supportive colleagues that will help bring out your best.
- Default hours: Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Create and foster a safe and supportive learning environment where all students feel heard.
- Substitute teach as necessary across the school (K-8). This may include a wide variety of subjects and classes and we will always work with you to provide adequate support so that you can perform this duty to the best of your ability.
- Handle various other teaching needs as they may arrive (e.g., one-on-one math tutoring to help a specific student get back on track).
- Assist with administrative duties as needed (e.g., drop-off, pick-up, lunch and recess duties, transition times, etc.).
- Work with other staff, and with support of administration, to develop and support engaging programs and activities for students after school.
- Attend staff meetings and actively engage with professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior elementary and middle school (or related) teaching experience
- Proficiency with technology (GSuite in particular)
- Passing a criminal background check upon hire
- MA (ideally in Education)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Social-emotional teaching experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Experience teaching gifted learners
- Familiarity with and commitment to DEIJ issues
- Connection to nature
- Enthusiastic life-long learner
- Openness and flexibility in designing improved learning experiences
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our school, visit http://www.tessellations.school.
Tessellations is an Equal Opportunity Employer — we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, or sex.