Early Childhood Associate Teacher
Are you an experienced, imaginative, and collaborative early childhood educator who believes that play is children’s work? Do you enjoy listening to young children’s ideas and using their questions to create meaningful learning experiences? Are you excited to be part of a diverse, supportive and talented community? If so, please consider joining our team at Tessellations Children’s Center. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Early Childhood Associate Teacher position. Successful applicants start December 2023. Depending on your situation, we may also be able to start you earlier. Competitive salary and full benefits available.
Tessellations Children’s Center is a small, play-based school that offers 3-5 year old children ample opportunities for experiential learning, wonder, play, and exploration of the natural world. Our curriculum draws from the Reggio Emilia approach, Piaget’s Constructivist Theory of Learning, and Montessori’s method’s values of self-motivated growth. Our team of highly qualified and experienced early childhood educators support children’s play, development, and learning through developmentally-appropriate practice, project work, nurturing relationships, and thoughtful scaffolding. Our ratio of children to teachers is approximately 6:1. Tessellations Children’s Center is the early childhood arm of Tessellations, a progressive K-8 non-profit school for gifted learners based in Cupertino, CA.
If you join our team you will help us grow our program and continue designing and delivering a rich, immersive learning experience. You will be heard, respected, and celebrated for your talents and efforts. You will work with young children who love to learn, engaged parents who are grateful for your work, and supportive colleagues that will help bring out your best.
Associate Teachers at Tessellations Children’s Center work under the supervision of the Director of Preschool. They must love working with young children and families, have a strong educational background in child development and/or early childhood education, and experience in teaching young children. A positive outlook, as well as a growth mindset, is key.
- Create child-centered educational experiences in the classroom on a daily basis
- Help create short and long-term projects that follow the children’s interests and passions
- Oversee daily activities
- Keep anecdotal records of young children
- Help create appealing displays of children’s work inside the classroom, through posts on classroom blog, and monthly online newsletters.
- Help edit articles for professional journals and/or give feedback on professional presentations.
- Enjoy collaborative teaching; you’ll be part of a 2-8 person teaching team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, or equivalent education and courses in education and child development.
- Previous experience teaching young children.
- Experience with team teaching is desirable.
Special Skills Needed
- Must be flexible: physically and intellectually.
- Frequently stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Sit/kneel/crawl, reach-work above shoulder level, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, scrub/sweep/mop/chop/mix.
- Possess good visual and auditory acuity.
- Artistic and musical skills are a strong plus.
- Work outdoors on a regular basis (possibly during inclement weather). Includes caring for animals and plants.
- Work evenings and weekends.
- May be exposed to noise <80dB TWA, bleach, vomit, or blood.
Salary range: $50,000 – $64,000
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid time off, holidays, and school breaks.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For more information about our school, visit https://tessellations.school.
Tessellations is an Equal Opportunity Employer — we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sex, or reproductive health decision making.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org