The Girls' Middle School
Technology Support Specialist
The Girls’ Middle School is committed to progressive education and innovative curriculum, meeting the needs of a wide range of middle school girls. The Technology Support Specialist helps ensure the smooth operation of the school’s technology program, providing direct technical support to students, faculty, and staff. The Technology Office is responsible for all client machines, peripherals, loaner equipment, audio/visual equipment, phones, copiers, servers, networking, and backup and recovery. The Technology Department also implements technology related programs that further the growth of the school’s program and operations. The Girls’ Middle School has a 1:1 Mac laptop program. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Technology Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary daily, in-person technical support for the Student Help Desk.
- Provide technical support to all end-users (including faculty and staff).
- Ensure proper operation of laptops, peripherals, and software/drivers.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware, software, and connectivity issues. Return equipment to service.
- Maintain JAMF Mobile Device Management (MDM) and documentation; oversee JAMF install process.
- Manage and/or support multiple aspects of database installation, integration, maintenance, support, and data workflow (including Ravenna Admit, PCR Educator, BigSIS, FileMaker Pro, Follett, School Messenger, Magnus Health).
- Support Technology Director, including training, documentation, and equipment setup/takedown.
- Maintain current inventory of laptops and peripherals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with a range of software and operating systems in an education environment, including MacOS, Google Suite for Education, Google Admin, Windows, Microsoft Office, iOS, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with database administration.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented management of multiple projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
- Sense of humor, flexibility, calm under pressure, openness to new ideas, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to lift/move 35 pounds and to reach, bend, stoop, and kneel. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Available to work 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Commitment to the core values and mission of The Girls’ Middle School.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent.
- Apple Certified (ACMT) or willingness to be certified.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Elise DeYoung and Alberto Oseguera at firstname.lastname@example.org. GMS celebrates different perspectives coming together in community. We are committed to broadening the diversity, in all dimensions, of our faculty and staff.
To apply for this job please visit girlsms.org.