The Synapse School in Menlo Park, CA, an innovative K-8 independent school located in the heart of Silicon Valley dedicated to rethinking and reimagining education, seeks a Coordinator of Extended Programs for the 2019-20 School Year.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Synapse School has an immediate opening for an exceptional Coordinator of Extended Programs for the 2019-20 school year. The Coordinator of Extended Programs is an integral part of building our school community and supporting families during their years at Synapse. The ideal candidate possesses a love of children, a positive disposition, a growth mindset and a creative spirit.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead children in activities both structured and informal throughout the afternoon time
- Collaborate and plan with other members of After Care team
- Keep accurate records of children attending the After Care and After School program and provide information to the business office for billing
- Establish mutually beneficial partnerships with outside providers who offer inspiring content for additional programming during after school hours
- Manage marketing, registration, attendance and other logistics involved in After School Programs
- Communicate promptly with families and coworkers regarding programmatic questions and logistics
- Cover recess and other duties during the school day
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS
- Positive, enthusiastic, and warm personality
- Strong work ethic, proactive, and success-oriented
- Experience working with children, preferably in an after-school setting
- Friendly and patient with excellent communication skills
- Reliable, flexible, and adaptable
- Strong communication and organizational skills with high levels of attention to detail
- An undergraduate degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred
- Experience in an independent school is preferred, but not required
Please submit a resume, a concise cover letter detailing your teaching experience, your interest in the position, and any other supporting materials you would like to share via email with the subject line “Coordinator of Extended Programs” to Liz Davis, Assistant Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Synapse School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and familial affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com