Website St. Paul's School
Mission Statement: St. Paul’s prepares students to be confident and skilled learners, cultivates in them a strong sense of purpose, and inspires them to be generous and active citizens of the world.
St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls approximately 370 students from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten – Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill a Middle School Science Teacher position, for the 2023-2024 academic year, with an experienced, dynamic individual who:
● has attained a BA degree (mandatory) and credential (preferred)
● has 3-5 years experience teaching middle school Science
● can create a developmentally appropriate cooperative learning environment
● has experience integrating thematic units across the curriculum, primarily with Math
● has interest and/or experience integrating community engaged learning into the curriculum
● can expose students to a multicultural perspective of universal human experience
● has interest and/or experience teaching social emotional curriculum to middle school students
● has excellent communication skills with both children and adults
● has experience collaborating with a team of teachers to deliver curriculum
● values collegiality with other teachers and administrators
● has a warm and energetic personality and a good sense of humor
● has experience working in a private/independent school setting (preferred)
● has experience co-teaching (preferred)
This teacher will share a classroom with the 7th grade Math Teacher and work closely with the 7th grade team consisting of Humanities, Math, Science, Spanish teachers, and a group of specialists – physical education, music, and art.
This is a 1.0 FTE. Salary range for this position is $64,000 to $80,000, depending on education and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Marcus Chang, Director of Middle School. Please send materials electronically, in PDF format to Ryan Louie: email@example.com
St. Paul’s is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran stauts, or any other characteristic protected by law. St. Paul’s is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms of compensation, training, and other terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org