Lick-Wilmerding High School
Lick-Wilmerding High School seeks a full time Science teacher position starting in August 2019.
Responsibilities include teaching four sections of freshman Biology or a combination of Biology and Chemistry sections. Classes have about 18 students per section and meet every other day for 75-minute blocks. Teachers should expect to be available to students for individual help outside of class, and to serve as an advisor to a group approximately 12 students and their families.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at the high school level
- A deep passion and knowledge of biology and chemistry
- A commitment to hands-on, student-centered teaching practices.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Possess a growth-mindset.
- Engage in continual professional development to grow science knowledge for teaching, pedagogical content knowledge, and knowledge of students as learners of science.
- Value collaboration with colleagues in order to contribute to a culture of continual improvement and learning.
- Personal qualities of integrity, resilience, approachability, kindness, and humor.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Candidates interested in the position should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references in MS Word or PDF format. No calls or emails please.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Discuss a technique you have used in your teaching to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to learn and engage with the material.
- Why do you think that the subject matter (biology and/or chemistry) is relevant and important to students’ lives whether or not they end up in science-related careers?
The application process begins immediately and is open until filled. No calls or emails, please.
Lick-Wilmerding High School has an institutional commitment to diversity and encourages applications from candidates of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds. Located in San Francisco, LWHS is a college preparatory, co-educational day school serving 515 students from grades 9-12. Founded in 1895 as a technical arts school and tuition free until 1972, LWHS has a long history of welcoming and supporting students from all walks of life and prides itself on being a private school with public purpose. At LWHS, a diverse student body, faculty, and staff in all its forms is central to what we believe constitutes an excellent education, and we are institutionally committed to ongoing reflective work in order to further define and articulate this complex and worthwhile vision.
At LWHS, the average full-time teacher workload is 4 sections of classes with an average of 16–17 students each. Successful teaching candidates will have a commitment to the following areas, further outlined in our Standards for Teaching:
- Lifelong Learning
- Commitment to Equity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com