Website San Francisco University High School
Job Title: Decorator Showcase Executive Director
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status and Schedule: Exempt 12-month – full time
Since 1977, the San Francisco Decorator Showcase has raised over $17 million to benefit the San Francisco University High School financial aid program. It is the premier showcase house event on the West Coast—a monthlong period in which one exemplary San Francisco home is opened to the public after being collaboratively remodeled by dozens of lauded designers. Revenue from ticket sales, corporate events, and direct fundraising allows hundreds of deserving Bay Area students access to a world-class college preparatory education.
The Executive Director is responsible for strategically carrying out the event’s mission and goals while maintaining direct administrative oversight for the planning and running of the event. Locating a home, identifying designers and sponsors, coordinating the redesign, and running events during the open house period are under the purview of the Executive Director, who is a member of the UHS development team and reports to the Director of Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain a program culture consistent with Decorator Showcase and University High School expectations, principles and policies
- Serve as a key external spokesperson for the Decorator Showcase and the Financial Aid programs, conveying the missions of these programs and building strong relationships with constituents in the Bay Area and nationally
- Implement and continually refine the event’s strategic vision and direction
- Lead the restructure of the Design Advisory Board to include the creation of by-laws, term limits, job description, integration with UHS, and new member recruitment
- Manage Decorator Showcase year-round partnerships
- Maintain robust and mutually beneficial relationships with designers, real estate professionals, donors, volunteers, and the UHS community
- In coordination with the development team, maintain positive, frequent communication with UHS volunteers and leadership; nurturing healthy, trusting relationships
Compliance and Financial Sustainability
- Collaborate with the UHS business office on budget development and effectively manage and grow an annual budget which reflects organizational and strategic priorities
- Take an active role in fundraising strategy and implementation in partnership with the UHS development office
- Work and collaborate closely with the Design Advisory Board engaging them individually and collectively, and preparing and delivering regular progress reports both to the DAB and the UHS Board of Trustees
- Foster a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a year-round and seasonal group of high-quality volunteers and designers
- Identify and confirm annual venues, negotiating lease terms with homeowners and managing these relationships
- Administer neighbor relations
- Create and grow corporate underwriting program in support of the event
- In coordination with the development team, support the planning and implementation of the event.
- Ensure the event is in service of the school’s mission and strategic plan goals
UHS offers a competitive benefits package including retirement, medical, vision, dental and vacation. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
San Francisco University High School welcomes students of demonstrated motivation and ability to engage in an education that fosters responsibility and the spirited pursuit of knowledge. We are a school where adults believe in the promise of every student, and together we work to build and sustain a community of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. UHS challenges each individual to live a life of integrity, inquiry, and purpose larger than the self.
San Francisco University High School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Salary Range: $125,000 to $130,000 DOE
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.