Website Sacred Heart Schools
Job Location: Sacred Heart Schools Atherton – Atherton, CA
Position Type: Full Time 10 – Month Schedule of Duties
Salary Range: $70,203.00 – $158,655.00 Salary/year
Job Category: Lower Elementary School (Kindergarten -5th Grades)
Position Purpose: The religious studies teacher is responsible for all aspects of creating a dynamic learning environment for students.
Specific Expectations for P-8 Employees: In addition to regular teaching responsibilities (including but not limited to preparing curriculum and grade reporting, class prep, student reporting report card narratives, parent-teacher conferences, supervision duties, classroom substitution, advisory, elective teaching, office hours, outdoor education/field trips, etc.), the following duties and responsibilities are required as part of the P-8 faculty/staff workload:
Responsibilities beyond the boundaries of teaching assignments that foster a growth mindset in order to continually improve our Lower School program such as professional development and trainings, attendance of or participation in, mandatory meetings and/or events (Directors Days, Open Houses, accreditation meetings, etc.) are required as directed by your supervisor. All employees will be paid appropriately and according to current law. If staff are required to work outside of regular work schedule; non-exempt employees will receive overtime pay, as eligible
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver a religious studies curriculum guided by the department’s mission and value statement.
- Create and deliver high-quality Lower School school religious studies units that include robust daily lessons while addressing the varied learning needs of individual students.
- Utilize varied methods and approaches to material, integrating technology, assessments, projects, etc., to encourage and create engaged learning in the classroom.
- Respond to evaluations and feedback professionally and constructively; demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
- Provide frequent, meaningful feedback to students, both formative and summative, including report cards and individualized comments.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with parents.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve teaching and learning.
- Serve as a middle school advisor.
- Perform other duties (recess, dismissal, etc.) as directed.
- A minimum of three years teaching religious studies; familiar with the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching
- Master’s degree (strongly preferred) or BA and post graduate work in religious studies or theology
- Enjoy working with children and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria and professional behavior based on it.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Additional skills in Spanish are greatly valued and preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Willingness and availability to work occasional overnight trips.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a fast moving and dynamic environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally and safely lift up to 30 lbs. and regularly lift up to 10 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled classroom environment.
- Must be able to regularly travel safely and comfortably across the 64 acre campus.