Website Quest Forward Academy Santa Rosa
Quest Forward Academy takes a student-centric, project-based, and skills-forward approach to learning. We seek to instill in our students the mindset and habits that will prepare them for success in their future learning, career, and life.
We are seeking teachers who see themselves as mentors, who work shoulder-to-shoulder with students in a small classroom environment. These people are dedicated to the success of the whole student, and serve as facilitators of student-driven exploration. Quest Forward Academy seeks to create change across the spectrum of learning from day to day scheduling to the nature of activity within the classroom. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an innovative learning environment that is characterized by small class sizes and a collaborative atmosphere, please send a resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position.
We are seeking a Mathematics mentor for students in grades 9-12. The ideal candidate will have:
- Teaching experience in grades 9-12
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited school, Master’s degree preferred
- Willingness to experiment with, and implement, a skills-focused curriculum
- Comfort with small, student-led classroom environments
- Experience with project and problem-based learning
- Proficiency in computer skills, and comfort with technology implementation in the classroom
- The ability to teach pre-algebra through calculus is highly desired
- Comfortability with teaching in both math and science is a plus
Candidates with experience or training in more than one subject and an ability to teach in multiple subjects are highly desirable. We are interested in both early career and seasoned educators looking to join a community invested in project-based and student-led learning. A teaching credential is not required but highly recommended. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com