Website Presidio Knolls School
Position Overview. The Director of Auxiliary Programs is a key role and part of the Presidio Knolls School leadership team. The auxiliary program is robust at PKS and encompasses extended care, enrichment classes, tutoring program, summer camp, mid-winter and spring break camps, and the athletics program.
This position is full-time, exempt and reports to the Head of School.
About Presidio Knolls School.
PKS was founded on the idea that a progressive educational model can be combined with rigorous Mandarin immersion to create a vibrant, innovative school where children will thrive in a joyful environment.
The progressive philosophy of Presidio Knolls School embraces kids as co-collaborators in their education. The PKS curriculum is project-based and interdisciplinary. Units of Exploration integrate math, science, social studies, art, drama, and movement around overarching topics of inquiry in English and Chinese, contextualizing all learning through a real-world lens. Critical to this approach is hands-on, experiential instruction. As such, learning often takes place outside of the classroom.
Duties & Responsibilities.
• Lead, direct, manage, build, and coordinate the auxiliary programs for PKS, which is a key part of the educational and community experience at PKS. Auxiliary programming includes extended care, extended day enrichment programs, music lesson, afterschool clubs, Summer Camps, and all other camps arranged throughout the year.
• Recruit teachers, third party enrichment and camp providers, ensure they all meet and exceed PKS expectations.
• Supervise all auxiliary staff, including auxiliary program coordinators, teachers, external camp and enrichment providers, and parent volunteers, provide feedback, guidance and training as needed.
• Organize and coordinate marketing the programs, which includes, but is not limited to, the digital Summer Camp brochure, digital After School brochures, advertisement opportunities, and brochures and web page information.
• Work with the Business Office to develop and manage budgets for the program and ensure correct billing to families for use of the auxiliary program.
• Oversee registration and processing of all forms and confirmation for the programs.
• Respond in a timely fashion to all inquiries regarding the programs.
• Oversee the school Athletics Programs with volunteer parent support, act as the school’s representative with local teams and sports divisions.
• Manage the internal website’s Auxiliary and Athletics Program pages, update with session details and calendar.
• Coordinate with enrichment providers each session; create schedule, rosters, work with the Business Office to ensure agreements and contractual requirements are in place.
• Maintain operations for the elementary program, attendance tablets, and snacks as needed.
• Calculate billable hours for each student each month, maintain updated attendance lists.
• Direct school closing at 6:00p.m., coordinate with any late parents and watch children.
• Direct student camps over Mid-Winter break and Spring break as necessary run field trips and curriculum activities.
• Direct all Summer Camp operations must be available to work during the summer when summer camp is in session.
• Embrace the mission, vision, values and pedagogy of PKS in order to serve as a knowledgeable and committed spokesperson.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on education.
• K-8 teaching and/or education administrative experience strongly preferred.
• Preschool teaching and/or education administrative experience, including knowledge of Child Care Licensing requirements preferred.
• Contagious enthusiasm and charisma, a passion for customer service and the ability to engage and inspire students, parents and colleagues.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Leader who can manage and cross manage faculty and independent contractors.
• Experience and facility managing websites and social media resources.
• Risk-taker with a creative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
• Outstanding multitasking skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and as a leader of multi-functional and diverse teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Chinese language and culture is not required but would be an asset. Salary is competitive and will be based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and Statement of Philosophy and Beliefs by email with the subject line as Director of Auxiliary Programs to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com