Website Presidio Hill School
Presidio Hill School
San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Admission Associate
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt, 12-month
Reports To: Director of Admission
Start Date: July 2022
Presidio Hill School is an independent, progressive school located in the Presidio Heights neighborhood of San Francisco and serves a diverse population of approximately 230 students enrolled in transitional kindergarten to 8th grade, with a faculty and staff of approximately 45 people. Established in 1918 by artist-educator-activists Helen Salz and Flora Arnstein, Presidio Hill School is the oldest continuously operating progressive school in California, with a mission and deep history connected to social justice.
Presidio Hill offers its students a challenging, project-based curriculum that attends to their intellectual and social-emotional needs and prepares them to be agents of positive social change. Guided by a skilled and caring faculty, students learn to be confident and curious, to be creative problem solvers and independent, critical thinkers. Learning at PHS is collaborative and active. We place great value on the arts as both an academic discipline and an essential element of a meaningful life. Situated on the edge of the Presidio, our school takes full and frequent advantage of the park’s 1500 acres; whether they are studying science, art, social studies, or literature, the Presidio is a rich and vital “classroom” to our students.
Our vibrant, diverse, and supportive community allows students to explore their unique voices, traits, and talents; our emphasis on the importance of community and justice encourages students to develop self-awareness, personal character, resilience, and an understanding of their role as stewards of the planet and citizens of the world.
Presidio Hill School seeks a faculty and staff that reflects the broad range of diversity in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our school is strongly committed to promoting cultural competency in all interactions and programs and we seek individuals with personal commitment to the same. Invested in the growth, happiness, and preparation of our faculty and staff, we provide generous support for their professional development.
Presidio Hill School seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible person to partner with and support the Director of Admission and other Senior Administrators. This position will support the Admission Office about 80% of the time, and serve to support general administrative needs 20% of the time. The ideal candidate will have a focus on prospective families outreach, exhibit excellent social and communications skills, and will be a willing team player. This is a unique position for a hands-on, energetic person who enjoys being actively involved in the life of a vibrant progressive school. Prior experience with children, parents, volunteers, and independent schools is a bonus. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that offers benefits and a competitive salary.
• Review monthly workflow with the Director of Admission and manage and prioritize time as appropriate
• Have or easily gain a working knowledge of the database – PORTAL by InResonance and Ravenna our online application platform
• Manage inquiry intakes and enter accurate data throughout the admission process
• Support the application process, from pre-application to enrollment, including support with letter and enrollment contract preparation
• Review and summarize student transcripts and teacher evaluations
• Manage student visits and assessment days
• Consult and collaborate with Learning Services Department and teachers regarding the assessment schedule and process
• Attend applicant assessment events, prepare materials for all assessors, take notes on review sessions and enter data
• Manage and support admission events (tours, open houses, welcome evenings, assessment)
• Hospitality table set up, shopping/ordering food and flowers, take-down
• Manage event registration, print name tags
• Update website content
• Work with volunteers – students and parents
• Support Head of School and Divisional Directors with key administrative tasks including scheduling, hospitality, events, and other special projects, as needed
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Enjoys collaboration and working as part of a team
• A growth mindset, love of learning, and a warm personality
• Ability to anticipate needs and proactively initiate workflow
• Experience with database systems and excellent organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (specifically Excel and Word)
• Proficient with Google suite (specifically Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
• Passion for the role and the school, and an understanding of how the position supports the school’s ability to meet its mission and vision every day
• Prior work experience in a school environment is a plus
• A level of fluency in Spanish is strongly desired
• Ability to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, CDPH, and SFDPH
• Ability to adhere to PHS Community Health Agreement
• Up-to-date COVID vaccination
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as .pdf files via email (with “Admission Associate” in the subject line) to Kelly Dees, Director of Admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2022.
To learn more about PHS, please visit our website.