Chinese American International Scho
Chinese American International School seeks a PRESCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER (2020-2021). No Chinese language proficiency required. Full-time, exempt position.
Join the vibrant community at the Chinese American International School’s Waller St. campus as a Preschool English Teacher. Become part of a team striving to be the world’s most innovative, inspiring, and influential Chinese English dual-language immersion school. This position offers a unique opportunity for passionate early childhood educators to be part of a preschool-8th grade program that places great importance on early learning and teacher growth.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate finds resonance with CAIS’s mission to Embrace Chinese, Become your Best Self, and Contribute to a Better World. As CAIS aims to empower inquisitive, creative, and inspired learners, we look for a candidate adept at child-centered pedagogy such as differentiation, play based learning, inquiry based learning, and application of best practices in literacy instruction. Our new team member will collaborate with grade level Chinese and English partner teachers and enjoy a wealth of professional development opportunities. The candidate will enter an environment that values social emotional learning alongside intellectual challenge. Within the framework of a strong curricular vision supported by English and Chinese directors, the candidate will enjoy considerable autonomy in developing the classroom curriculum.
CAIS offers a dynamic dual culture setting in which faculty are immersed in a culture of language learners. We look for a candidate who will embrace CAIS’s work to create an equitable, inclusive environment where all faculty, students, and families are supported in their individual identities. We welcome all applicants who aim to actively support and participate in our diverse and inclusive community.
Position responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
● Demonstrate teaching excellence, a growth mindset, professionalism, flexibility, and integrity
● Collaborate with Pre-K teaching team, including other lead teachers, teaching associates, and specialist teachers
● Interact with children using positive, supportive, and respectful attitude, language, and tone
● Support child’s social and emotional development
● Maintain a healthy, safe, engaging, and developmentally appropriate environment
● Make sound, timely and appropriate decisions and take responsibility for the decisions
● Contribute to the development of community among staff by having open, constructive, and solution-oriented communication
● Encompass a positive discipline approach in guiding student behavior
● Partner with families towards students’ success
● Develop a positive intellectual, emotional, and social environment within the classroom and a class community in which all children feel valued and a sense of belonging
● Work collaboratively and maintain standards of respect, courtesy, and mutual consideration with the school community, including students, staff, and parents
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum of 12 ECE units or Child Development Teacher Permit
● Early childhood teaching experience with demonstrated success
● Commitment to meeting the needs of individual learners and promoting social and emotional development
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Dedication to equity and inclusion and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
● Commitment to school mission, policies, and initiatives
ABOUT EARLY CHILDHOOD DIVISION
For information about CAIS’s Early Childhood Division, visit https://www.cais.org/curriculum/early-childhood-division
The CAIS mission exhorts all community members to embrace Chinese, become their best selves, and contribute to a better world. As the nation’s first dual language Chinese and English preschool through 8th grade school, CAIS embodies this mission by working continuously to maintain our role as a leader in
immersion education. CAIS incorporates the innovation and best practices from both Chinese and English language teaching traditions to create an immersion experience that leverages our distinct opportunities for language, subject, and cultural intersections. Our three campuses are located in the heart of San Francisco and accessible by public transportation in San Francisco. The lively neighborhood echoes the school’s vital energy and provides ready access to cultural treasures such as the Asian Art Museum, SF Jazz, the San Francisco Symphony and more. For more information, visit https://www.cais.org/about-us/employment.
CAIS’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is central to our mission. People of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Email cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate: “Preschool English Teacher.” Please no calls.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org