Website Mark Day School
4th Grade Classroom Teacher
Full-Time Position Beginning August 2023
Mark Day School seeks an experienced and collaborative 4th-grade teacher. Join us and teach in a community characterized by academic excellence, student-centered teaching methods, close collaboration between colleagues, a block schedule, a 1:1 laptop program, and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education. The successful applicant for this position will help advance the school’s mission with positive energy, creativity, dedication to a diverse and equitable community, love for children, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to collaborate in partnership with the wider school community.
Key Responsibilities Include
● Challenge all students with high academic and behavioral expectations while maintaining a climate of responsibility, safety, kindness, enthusiasm, and fun.
● Model personal standards of excellence: warmth, clarity of expectations, consistency, and accountability.
● Demonstrate equitable and culturally responsive teaching practices.
● Apply a wide range of highly effective approaches to teaching, balancing enduring and innovative best practices.
● Engage in ongoing professional development.
● Form supportive and responsive relationships with students and families.
● Differentiate instruction to challenge every learner.
● Build a strong, positive classroom community in which students advocate for themselves and others.
● Provide constructive, timely, specific feedback that fosters a growth mindset.
● Use available technology to enhance student learning, faculty collaboration, and responsive communication.
● Work with learning specialists and parents when necessary to design individualized programs for students who require specialized support.
● Collaborate with the wider community to enhance the students’ experience, including specialists in technology, information literacy, drama, art, music, P.E., world language, Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and counseling, global education, sustainability, service-learning, and diversity.
● Observe, evaluate, encourage and monitor students’ academic and social development and progress.
● Communicate regularly with students, parents, and colleagues regarding students’ progress and needs.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
● Back to School Night
● Parent information evenings
● Committee work
● Weekly faculty meetings
● Recess supervision
● Chaperone 4th-grade outdoor education trip
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
● Relevant teaching experience
● Knowledge of and experience with relevant technology
● Proven cultural competence in a community committed to diversity, equity, and social justice.
Compensation and Salary Range
Mark Day School places faculty on a published internal salary scale with steps based on years of experience in education. Full-time employees also receive individual benefits through the school as well as generous professional development support. The Mark Day faculty salary range for full-time faculty positions is $68,000-139,000, depending on experience.
More About Mark Day School
Mark Day School is a vibrant and diverse community, and all community members continue to work towards the furthering of an inclusive and supportive school. The school is an equal-opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and multiculturalism. Mark Day School’s compensation and benefits are very competitive by both NAIS and regional standards. For more information about Mark Day School, please visit our website (www.markdayschool.org).
Interested candidates should visit our website and send a letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com