Website Mark Day School
K-3 Spanish Lead Teacher and Spanish Support Teacher
Position Available Immediately
Mark Day School seeks an experienced and collaborative Spanish teacher. The role includes lead teaching Kindergarten through third grade and providing instructional support to students in elementary and middle school Spanish classes working with other faculty. This is a 75% time position.
Join us and teach in a community characterized by academic excellence, student-centered teaching methods, close collaboration between colleagues, and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education. The successful applicant for this position will help advance the school’s mission with positive energy, creativity, dedication to a diverse and equitable community, love for children, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to collaborate in partnership with the wider school community.
Mark Day students learn to communicate effectively, confidently, and with cultural awareness in Spanish, including reading, writing, listening, and speaking. They also develop cross-cultural literacy when interacting with native speakers of the target language or interacting across differences in language and culture.
● Challenge all students with high academic and behavioral expectations while maintaining a climate of responsibility, safety, kindness, enthusiasm, and fun.
● Model personal standards of excellence: warmth, clarity of expectations, consistency, and accountability.
● Participate fully in a learning community committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education.
● Demonstrate equitable and culturally responsive teaching practices.
● Apply a wide range of highly effective approaches to teaching, balancing enduring and innovative best practices.
● Collaborate actively with Spanish department colleagues.
● Engage in ongoing professional development.
● Form supportive and responsive relationships with students and families.
● Differentiate instruction to challenge every learner.
● Build a strong, positive classroom community in which students advocate for themselves and others.
● Provide constructive, timely, specific feedback that fosters a growth mindset
● Use available technology to enhance student learning, faculty collaboration, and responsive communication.
● Work with learning specialists, counselors, and parents when necessary to design differentiated programs for students who require specialized support.
● Collaborate with colleagues to carry forward major project initiatives in the cross-disciplinary literacies as well as enhance the students’ overall experience.
● Observe, evaluate, encourage and monitor students’ academic and social development and progress.
● Communicate regularly with students, parents, and colleagues regarding students’ progress and needs.
● Support lead Spanish teaching colleagues 15 hours/week with clerical, instructional, and assessment tasks
● Serve as an occasional substitute teacher for lead Spanish teachers
Additional Responsibilities Include:
● Back to School Night
● Parent information evenings
● Committee work
● Weekly faculty meetings
● Recess supervision
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
● Relevant teaching experience
● Relevant subject area knowledge in Spanish
● Knowledge of and experience with relevant technology
● Proven track record of working effectively to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education
● Strong skills with curriculum design, initiative, follow-through, organization, collaboration, and communication.
Compensation and Salary Range
Mark Day School places faculty on a published internal salary scale with steps based on years of experience in education. This position comes with full benefits, including health, dental, vision, and professional development support for ongoing learning.
Compensation range for this role is approximately $41,300- $85,100 depending on experience. This position is 75% time.
More About Mark Day School
Mark Day School is a vibrant and diverse community, and all community members continue to work towards the furthering of an inclusive and supportive school. The school is an equal-opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and multiculturalism. Mark Day School’s compensation and benefits are very competitive by both NAIS and regional standards. For more information about Mark Day School, please visit our website (www.markdayschool.org).
Interested candidates should visit our website and send a letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org