Website Marin Primary and Middle School
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial and Operating Officer
Status: 100% FTE
Salary Range: $75,000 – $95,000
The Senior Accountant works closely with the Chief Financial and Operating Officer and the Associate Director of Human Resources to run the business office of the school. The Senior Accountant is a skilled accountant, detail-oriented professional that manages the development and implementation of the reconciliation systems that is timely, accurate, auditable, and supported by appropriate documents with particular attention to fundraising and tuition activities. The ideal candidate should demonstrate proven abilities to multi-task and work on complex projects through their completion. The Senior Accountant must be a collaborative professional constantly pursuing improvements in business and operations.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Manage daily operations of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
- Audit and reconcile corporate credit card statements, bank deposits, and petty cash.
- Process other school-wide transactions in compliance with established policies, procedures, and operating budget.
- Manage student billing system, including payment plans, collections, payment processing for all auxiliary programs, reconciling subsidiary ledgers with general ledger.
- Oversee monthly reconciliation of school’s financials.
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of the budget, advise administrators of budget account balances, resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Prepare required reports for the annual audit and preparation of required tax filings.
- Comply with Federal and State mandatory reporting.
- Assist with a variety of complex projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years of experience in educational setting or non-profit, preferably as a Controller, Business Manager, or Accounting Manager with strong rack records of results
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Demonstrate success in establishing and maintaining operational and financial policies, procedures, and control.
- Knowledge of Sage 50, Blackbaud/Tuition Management a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in fast -paced environment.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
Marin Primary & Middle School is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of the ADA, the “Primary Responsibilities” listed are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment, with typical classroom noise and other disruptions.
- Both sitting and standing are required during a regular workday.
- Normal vision and hearing are required to interact with students, parents, faculty, and staff, and with school equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work at a desk and on a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to turn, bend and reach.
- Ability to move oneself around the campus.
- Ability to drive to other locations for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Position requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, good judgment, reading, memorizing, social skills, speaking, multitasking, and writing.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. The Senior Accountant will begin employment as soon as possible.
MP&MS is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals have an equal opportunity for employment based on qualifications and merit, regardless of religion, race, sex, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military service status, or any other factor prohibited by state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, and other conditions of employment. MP&MS also makes reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities and for employees who request accommodation for pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.