Website Marin Primary and Middle School
Marin Primary & Middle School
Temporary Position Opening
3rd-8th Grade Drama Teacher – 80% FTE
We inspire joyful learning, honor each child, and build connections to empower all students to make a difference.
We honor and enjoy children’s natural curiosity, competence, and exuberance. Using teams of teachers and educational methods tailored to how children learn best, we connect with our students, build trusting relationships, and make learning relevant, memorable, and fun. Asking not “how smart is the child” but “how is the child smart,” we guide our students to see their full potential, and we equip them to pursue it with passion and purpose. We inspire children to make a difference. We value academic excellence, personal integrity, and community action and encourage our students to become informed, engaged, and ethical global citizens.
At Marin Primary & Middle School, we believe that it’s deep connections-between students, with teachers, and with ideas-that help kids know themselves and push through boundaries in school and in life. Every day we strengthen these connections so our students are able to tackle new ideas and challenges, pursue their goals with optimism and courage, and apply all they learn to the world they’ll inherit.
Serving 320 students in preschool through grade 8, Marin Primary & Middle School’s vibrant learning community is located in the town of Larkspur, just 4.5 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Taking advantage of both the beautiful outdoor environment of Marin County and the cultural offerings of metropolitan San Francisco, MP&MS asks its students to Be Connected, Be Curious, and Be Courageous.
At Marin Primary & Middle School we make education meaningful, while encouraging pride in self, respect for others, and enthusiasm for learning.
Drama Teacher Position
The Marin Primary & Middle School third through eighth-grade drama teacher is an integral piece of the school’s arts program, which includes core classes in drama, art, and music for all students, K-8. This position is responsible for the overall artistic vision of the MP&MS 3rd through 8th grade drama program, and successful implementation of that vision.
The drama teacher works closely with grade-level teams of teachers to design and deliver an age-appropriate program, integrating core classroom curricular focus areas when possible. This position is also responsible for care and upkeep of resources used in the drama program including lighting, costumes, props, and other resources. The drama teacher is supported by the division directors, head of school, network administrator, and other arts teachers.
3rd through 5th grade drama program:
Classes taught in 2 sections per grade per week, lasting 45 – 60 minutes depending on the grade
6th through 8th grade drama program:
Classes taught in trimester blocks, with each grade receiving 1 trimester of instruction per year
– Taught in 2 sections per grade, the 55-minute classes meet 7 times every 10 days
Additional Responsibilities Include:
– Back to School Night; other parent events
– Weekly faculty meetings
– Recess supervision
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s or advanced degree
– At least 3 years of prior experience teaching drama, preferred
– Ability to create an inclusive class community that allows for a multitude of perspectives to be heard and respected
– Knowledge of curriculum development, social-emotional learning, and differentiated instruction
– Broad knowledge and an appreciation of child development
– Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of a teaching team
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Nuanced understanding of DEI/social justice knowledge from a personal or programmatic perspective
Marin Primary & Middle School is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodations when necessary.
– Work is normally performed in primarily outdoors or a typical interior/classroom work environment, with typical noise and other disruptions
– Both sitting and standing are required during a regular work day
– Normal vision and hearing abilities are required to interact with students, parents, faculty, and staff, and with school equipment
– Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
– Ability to work at desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
– Ability to turn, bend, and reach
– Ability to move oneself around the campus
– Ability to drive to other locations for meetings, conferences, etc.
– Position requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, good judgment, reading, memorizing, social skills, speaking, multitasking, and writing
MP&MS is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals have an equal opportunity for employment based on qualifications and merit, regardless of religion, race, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military service status, or any other factor prohibited by state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, and other conditions of employment. MP&MS also makes reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities and for employees who request accommodation for pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
MP&MS welcomes and encourages applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups.
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/mpms/jobs/2634675-521243