Website Marin Horizon School
Marin Horizon School, a Toddler-8th Grade independent school in Mill Valley, seeks people who love to work with children to serve as regular substitute teachers in all four Divisions of the school: Toddler (2 & 3 year olds); Primary (3-5 year olds); Lower (K-4th Grade); Upper (5th-8th Grade).
Substitute teachers report to Division Directors. Substitute teachers are under no obligation to accept a daily on-call request. However, substitute teachers must be willing to receive possible phone calls as early as 6:00 am on the school day and up to 10:00 pm the night before a given school day.
- Implement lesson plans when they are provided
- Exhibit good/appropriate sense of humor and flexibility
- Fostering a sense of joy about learning
- Supervise children in classrooms and during break times in a manner that ensures the health and safety of all children
- Maintain classroom management while adhering to the school’s philosophy and mission
- Possibly performing other related duties, such as helping at pick up and during lunch times
- Reporting all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and/or discipline issues to the appropriate Division Director in a timely manner
- Helping to ensure that materials, facilities, and equipment are maintained
- If applicable, reporting attendance
- Following the daily schedule and ensuring that students are dismissed on time from each class
- Documenting anything the absent teacher may want/need to know upon return to school
Strong candidates will have most or all of the following: strong communication skills, confidence speaking with a group of children, compassionate leadership, dependability, responsibility, reliability, positive outlook, energy, and enthusiasm.
Substitute teachers check in at the front desk upon arrival and prior to leaving when work is completed for the day.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume. Please indicate which Divisions (list as many as you are open to) of the school you would be interested in for substitute teaching opportunities (Toddler, Primary, Lower, Upper).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org