Website Marin Horizon School
Marin Horizon School (Mill Valley, CA) is a progressive, Toddler – 8th grade school of about 300 students. The inquiry-based curriculum focuses heavily on hands-on, collaborative learning in order to develop students’ academic and social-emotional skills. The school views character education and self-advocacy as integral to growth in and out of the classroom and acknowledges diversity, equity, and inclusion as necessary elements of a strong community.
We are looking for a dynamic teaching assistant who demonstrates a desire to provide quality, nurturing care to infants and toddlers enrolled in the program. In addition to experience working in early childhood education programs, the ideal candidate has completed 12 early childhood education credits or is working toward completion.
Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m-5:30 p.m.
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management
- Organizes each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group
- Collaborates with lead teacher in planning and implementation of hands-on curriculum
- Completes timely, neat, accurate documentation of screenings, assessments, individualized plans, attendance, inventories, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary for providing quality services
- Maintains a safe, clean, care-giving environment, practices good personal hygiene and hand washing, and assures the well-being and safety of all the children in that environment
- Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and models this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program
- Protects all children from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in any program activity, and immediately reports any such incident to the center director or person in charge
- Graduation from High School or GED
- One year of experience in an early childhood program serving infants and toddlers in a developmentally appropriate environment
- Must have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Infant and Toddler Caregivers or an equivalent credential that addresses comparable competencies; or must obtain the credential within one year of employment as an Infant and Toddler (I/T) teacher; Must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with very young children
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com. Please put the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.