Website Marin Horizon School
Primary (Preschool) Assistant Teacher
Reports to: Lead Teacher and Program Director
Employment time: Full-time beginning August 2023
Horizon Community School is the result of an innovative partnership among Marin Horizon School, and other community organizations. The Marin City campus opened its doors to an inaugural class of 12 two-year-olds on August 23, 2017. Honoring Marin Horizon School’s commitment to foster and respect diversity in the community and the world, Horizon Community School satisfies a growing need for quality early childhood education in an under-served community of Marin County.
Horizon Community School believes that education is a cooperative endeavor between families and educators, and this special program features monthly family activities and educational programs to promote play, learning, and healthy routines both at school and at home.
We are looking for a dynamic Primary (Preschool) Assistant Teacher who demonstrates a desire to support the lead Primary teacher in planning and implementing a cultural competent, best practices in Early Childhood, integrated, and whole child approach. While also developing their own pedagogical skills through planning and teaching. A minimum of 6-12 ECE units are required, with the ideal candidate having experience working with preschool-aged children in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Collaborate with lead teacher in planning and implementation of hands-on, Montessori-inspired curriculum
- Support classroom management and maintain a safe, inclusive environment for all learners
- Participate in activities including Back to School Night and parent conferences (where and when allowable by health and safety guidelines)
- Flexibility, professionalism, and proficiency with Zoom and other remote learning support systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Good conflict resolution and communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 6-12 ECE units
- (Encouraged but not required) Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2-5 years teaching experience in preschool
- Demonstrated commitment to culturally inclusive teaching practices
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Must possess a collaborative, growth mindset intent on refining teaching practices as well as a desire to work with and learn from adults and students alike
$19.00-$23.00 per hour
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume. Please put the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org