Website Lick Wilmerding High School
Job Title: Varsity Girls Basketball Coach
Reports to: Athletic Director
Status: Part-Time, Exempt (Season November through February, with some summer)
Salary Range: $6,500 – $7,900 for the season
Lick-Wilmerding High School currently seeks a Varsity Girls Basketball Coach responsible for the overall management of the Girls Varsity Basketball team and program. The basketball season runs from November through February, although some practices and tournaments occur over the summer. This position requires travel and work in the evenings and on weekends, as well as summer league program development.
Job Specific Qualifications:
- Coordinate and supervise the Varsity Girls Basketball Program; be a resource to the JV team and coaches to ensure alignment in program.
- Work with the Athletics Department to organize practices and game schedules.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment for all student athletes that promotes team development and growth while ensuring a competitive environment.
- Plan and conduct effective practices that represent best practices in promoting individual and team development.
- Ensure the regular supervision of student athletes at home and away games.
- Support individual athletes in their potential desire to play at the collegiate level.
- Be a representative of LWHS in coaching circles and support admissions through appropriate recruitment practices aligned with the values of the school.
- Maintain appropriate certifications.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
The LWHS Athletics Program:
- Provides opportunities for students to participate in a wide variety of sports throughout the school year.
- Assists participants in the development of required physical and sport-specific skills.
- Fosters the development of character, social skills, game ethics, and sportsmanship.
- Compliments lessons learned in the classroom and encourage cooperation, team work, discipline and hard work.
- Communicate between the Athletics Director, other coaches, and key members of faculty and staff (primarily through email).
- When needed, assign duties to athletes to make sure their practice, game, pickup, and meeting areas are left as they found it.
- Encourage safe, respectful, and responsible behavior when hosting other teams or visiting other schools. Be mindful and considerate of the environment, buildings, and occupants both at home and away.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to and uphold the LWHS Athletics Philosophy:
- Put your foot in the circle.
- Be a teammate.
- Champions find a way.
- Champions choose the right way.
- Appreciate how lucky you are.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion and knowledge of the sport, as well as a commitment to hands-on, student-centered coaching practices, with the ability to demonstrate proper technique. We seek thoughtful, energetic, and passionate coaches who are committed to using multiple coaching modalities. We are also looking for genuine, kind colleagues and all-around “school people” who want to participate in and contribute to our vibrant community.
- Be able to stand and walk the court/field without difficulty for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to physically demonstrate the sport.
- Have or are willing to get:
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Concussion Training
- Fundamentals of Coaching Certification
How to Apply
Please apply through this site https://www.lwhs.org/about/employment and submit all in Word or PDF format a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. In addition, email Eliot Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.