Website La Scuola International School
Open to the World
Founded in 2002, La Scuola International School – the only Reggio Emilia inspired, International Baccalaureate (IB) and Italian language immersion school in the world – is serving the Bay Area with two San Francisco campuses (Preschool – Grade 8), and one new campus in Silicon Valley (Preschool – Grade 1). Our mission is to inspire brave learners to shape the future. Every day, it’s the students at La Scuola who ask provocative questions and lead their learning across languages, across cultures, and across subjects. To learn more, please visit us at www.lascuolasf.org.
La Scuola International School is accredited by NAIS, CAIS, WASC and CIS and is one of two Italian schools recognized by the Italian government in the United States.
We believe our community thrives through diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and realities. Only through a persistent drive to listen and learn from one another, create and promote equitable opportunities and to continue to reflect and evolve will we be able to establish systems which will address the needs of the one and the many.
We are seeking Preschool / Early Education Teachers for the upcoming school year. Applicants should be strong team players and be very proactive and flexible. Final candidates need to be prepared for a teaching demonstration (or a video if they are overseas).
This position will report to the Early Childhood Director at our campus in San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood.
- Set educational and developmental goals for the children in your group, both as a group and individually.
- Prepare the environment (indoor and outdoor) thoughtfully every day so that it supports those objectives.
- Plan (progettazione) & carrying out appropriate daily curriculum and long term projects to further support those goals.
- Assess and document the group dynamic, as well as individual developmental progress toward group and individual goals is required.
- Effectively communicate with staff and parents; a weekly bulletin (Momenti) describing classroom activities is required for all classes. The weekly bulletin will also explain why the described activities are chosen and what children are learning through them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, or Child Development Certificate, or 5+ years experience working with children required;
- Experience working in a Reggio Emilia inspired school
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Italian and English with native or near-native Italian proficiency;
- 4 core classes* of early childhood education:
- Introduction to the Field of Child Development (3 units) CDEV 65
- Child Growth and Development (3 units) CDEV 53
- Child, Family and Community (3 units) CDEV 67
- Curriculum for Young Children (3 units) CDEV 66
Required Skills and Pre-requisites
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English/Italian;
Knowledge of Reggio Emilia approach;
- Familiarity with IB-PYP Curriculum framework or inquiry/project based approach;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving, creativity, excellent multitasking skills, and ability to thrive in a start-up environment are a must.
- Ability to plan curriculum, lead other teachers;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present in public to both parents and other educators;
- Enjoy working with children, including ones with mild learning differences;
- Ability to work well in a team and in a very collegial and collaborative environment;
- Willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the La Scuola community;
- Obvious passion for the academic subject matter being taught;
- Commitment to equity, inclusion and a diverse community;
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
La Scuola may be able to offer a teachers exchange visa for 3 years, for teachers with a BA in Education / Pedagogy / teaching credentials in their country of origin AND a MINIMUM of two years of teaching experience in a primary/elementary school.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
In addition, the final candidate will need to pass both Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance and a physical exam, and provide a recent copy of a negative TB test and other immunization records.
Position receives excellent benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage. The school also offers group life insurance, employer-matched retirement, long-term disability insurance and commuter benefits for full time employees. Other fringe benefits include PTO, paid holidays, daily warm lunch and outstanding professional development.
Estimated annual salary range: $62,400 to $124,000 depending on credentials, qualifications and experience.
To be considered for the position, please apply here with your resume, Letter of Intent and three references.
To learn more, visit www.lascuolasf.org
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training. If you feel you may have been discriminated against on the basis of sex or would like more information, please contact Dani Sollberger, Director of Administration, by email or 415-558-9006 or by mail at 728 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org