Website Katherine Delmar Burke School
Katherine Delmar Burke School is an independent K-8 girls’ school located on a 3.5 acre campus in San Francisco. Based on a 100-year tradition of educational excellence, Burke’s today is one of California’s leading elementary schools. The school combines strong academic and co-curricular programs with an emphasis on personal growth in a diverse and inclusive community. We emphasize the development of fundamental and higher-level critical thinking skills in an atmosphere of creativity, exploration, and academic rigor.
The Director of Curriculum and Program Innovation will help further grow a culture of innovation in teaching and learning at Burke’s. This position will keep innovative pedagogy and educational best practices at the heart of Burke’s curricular and professional development programs. The Director of Curriculum and Program Innovation reports to the Head of School, will work closely with the Division Director of both Lower and Upper School and the Director of Inclusivity and Community Building, and is a member of the Senior Administrative Team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads the School’s Technology Deployment:
· Drives Strategic Planning in key areas of Academic Technology
· Supervises the Library & Makery Team and spaces
· Partners with the academic leadership of the school to encourage curricular innovation and program implementation:
· Works as a member of the Academic Administration Team to support project based learning across the K-8 program
· Provides direction for the advancement and incorporation of pedagogically appropriate technology and technology education throughout the k-8 curriculum
· Oversees the school’s curriculum design, review work; including assessment of student learning.
· Leads the Curriculum Council – which helps to facilitate the ongoing work of the K-8 departments
· Facilitates systematic curriculum review
· Works with members of the Academic Administrative Team to establish the institutional professional development priorities.
· Manages the Professional Development Process and Budget
· Designs and Coordinates Professional Development Days, Opening Meetings, and Curriculum Collaborations
· Provides curriculum coaching and support as needed to faculty
· Manages the school’s systems for managing, guiding, and sharing professional growth and learning
Desired Professional Skills:
· Proven track record of bringing major projects to completion
· Demonstrated expertise in innovative pedagogies, curricular design and assessment of learning outcomes
· Skilled at working with people at different stages of professional growth
· Knowledge of the Understanding By Design (UbD) framework and Social-Emotional learning philosophies
· Experience with and commitment to professional development and curriculum design centered around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work and initiatives
· Proficiency with learning management systems and other technology to facilitate in-person, hybrid, and remote learning
Desired Core Competencies
· Visionary and Innovative Educator: Facility with designing and facilitating learning experiences and school-wide initiatives that engage and grow students and staff
· Flexible, Adaptable and Resilient Leader: Responding to new challenges and emergent needs with a growth mindset and solution-oriented approach.
· Collaborator: History of working closely and effectively with a variety of constituencies (faculty, staff, parents and trustees)
· Effective Communicator: Ability to effectively communicate with multiple constituencies: faculty, staff, parents and trustees (both internally and externally)
· Entrepreneurial Problem Solver: Comfortable developing original solutions to complex problems by leveraging resources in efficient and purposeful ways
· Understanding and appreciation of the social-emotional development of girls
· Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Work: Understanding, communicating, and effectively interacting with people across backgrounds and cultures to respect, seek to understand, and value individual differences to serve students better
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and position requirements. Comprehensive benefits are provided. More information on the school can be found on the website at www.burkes.org Burke’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested Candidates may apply by sending a resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com .
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org