French American International School
High School Learning Specialist
The French American International School is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance. Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, Curiosity.
French American International School is recruiting a High School Learning Specialist for the 2018 -2019 Academic year. The Learning Specialist supports students encountering academic difficulties by working with the students, teachers and families to devise and coordinate plans for accommodations, strategies and remediation using school and outside resources.
Key Responsibilities – not limited to but including
- Consult with teachers and parents to: interpret and report screenings/evaluation results, make recommendations for further outside evaluation or support.
- Work with students with academic difficulties on remediation and/or educational therapy, especially in study skills, organization, self-advocacy and writing
- Manage all accommodation needs for standardized testing and for internal semester and end of year exams
- Provide training and tools for teachers to help them work with students with learning differences
- Minimum 5 years working as a Learning Specialist in a school or in private practice
- Master’s degree (preferred). Relevant degree or certificate required
- Experience with administering and interpreting screening/testing instruments
- Knowledge of laws concerning learning disabilities/differences
- Ability to utilize computer technology
Please submit cover letter and resume to High School Principal, Joel Cohen: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org