THE POSITION: WHAT YOU WILL DO & HOW WILL WE COLLABORATE
The Director of Student Support (DSS) is responsible for programmatic visioning and leadership of the Learning & Student Support Team, including Learning Support Specialists and Counselors. The DSS leads a team of collaborators, designs and implements effective systems for case management, builds partnerships with families, and expands capacity in teachers to provide extraordinary support services at Hillbrook. The DSS will join the school at a time when we are evolving our existing processes and programs, as well as expanding our programming from a long-standing JK-8 to a JK-12, with a 9th Grade opening this fall.
A HILLBROOK EMPLOYEE: WHO YOU ARE
Do our Core Values – Be kind. Be curious. Take risks. Be your best. – align with how you show up as an educator? Are you committed to building and bridging inclusive communities? Do you believe learning should be an active and relational process? Do you enjoy nurturing and maintaining best practices and continuity of programs, while also evolving programs in response to new information? Is equity and impact at the forefront of what you do? Do you thrive in collaborative environments? Do you believe that students are capable change-makers at any age and stage? A Hillbrook employee will emphatically say yes to each of these questions.
12M Recruiting is running the search on behalf of Hillbrook. Applications received by April 17 will receive priority review. For application instructions and the full job opportunity statement, please visit:
Applications Accepted Starting: March 23, 2023
Priority Deadline: April 17, 2023
Start Date: Summer 2023
Reports To: Associate Head of School
Salary Range: $115,000 to $140,000
· Advocate for children having learning difficulties.
· Oversee the process for supporting students needing accommodations by reviewing outside testing reports, identifying strategies to meet the needs of evaluated students, planning for and communicating student accommodations, and systematically checking in on how accommodations are being implemented.
· Actively participate in a collaborative employee culture that is committed to being at the leading edge of JK – 12th grade education.
· Work with the Director of College Counseling to ensure students’ successful transition to post-Hillbrook learning environments.
· Evolve and implement a case management system that supports students that are struggling to learn and those who have diagnosed needs.
· Ensure that Hillbrook has a robust case management system for supporting students that is both age-appropriate as well as cohesive across multiple divisions.
· Facilitate ongoing communication with families, teachers, and administrators to discuss accommodations, recommendations, supports, and student progress.
· Conduct student observations to inform follow-up with teachers and families.
· Supervise the Student Support Team, which currently includes Learning Support Specialists, a Challenge Coach, and School Counselors, and provide opportunities for team members to grow, develop, and feel supported and nurtured.
· Educate faculty and administrators about supporting neurodiverse students, and serve as both a resource and faculty trainer.
· Work with teachers to effectively enable students to use diverse learning strategies in the classroom.
· Meet regularly with Division Heads to ensure student learning is progressing and families feel supported.
· Co-develop plans and advise Support Specialists and Counselors who teach small groups with identified needs.
· Design and expand learning support systems into Grades 9 – 12.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
HILLBROOK IS LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE
· Advanced degree/s in special education or related field highly preferred
· Demonstrated experience effectively forming and leading teams of colleagues as a coach, mentor, director or similar role
· Demonstrated skill in designing and executing on systems for case management
· A commitment to anti-racism and demonstrated skill designing equitable and inclusive educational experiences and learning environments that incorporate themes of diversity and justice
· Ability to both envision and communicate a compelling strategic vision and to execute on tasks as described above
· Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning in a diverse, dynamic, and progressive school community
· Proficiency communicating with varied constituents around complex topics while effectively balancing candor and warmth
· Desire and ability to work in a collegial, highly collaborative environment
For more information please visit the following link, which contains the job opportunity statement and complete application instructions.
Hillbrook is an equal opportunity employer, and we value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.12MRecruiting.com.