The Bay School of SF
Duration: Part time: Aug 12, 2019 to November 2019
Compensation: Stipend, commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Athletics
About the Bay School:
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our flexible, open-minded staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, good humor and respect for diversity. As co-builders of a young high school, they contribute to a positive community. Our campus also serves as headquarters for the CATDC (California Teachers Development Collaborative). For more information about the school, please review our website: www.bayschoolsf.org.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of (sexual orientation/gender identity expression), race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of the Bay Area.
The Bay School’s commitment to athletics is based upon our goal to educate the “whole” person and our belief that physical and athletic accomplishments have important lifelong benefits. The school seeks to be known for its athletic achievements, sportsmanship and competitive spirit as well as to be respected for the integrity and discipline of its players, coaches, and spectators. We are members of the North Coast Section (NCS) and CIF, the Bay Area Conference (BAC), Bay Counties League Central (BCL-Central). The volleyball program is hiring Girls JV and Girls Varsity Coaches.
Job Requirements: The coach must
- Lead 1 ½ to 2-hour afternoon practices Mon-Fri, beginning no earlier than 3:30 p.m. and ending no later than 7:30 p.m.
- Attend all matches which occur approximately two times per week and may require being available earlier than 3:00 p.m.
- Attend occasional athletic department meetings and school events as needed.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license and be willing to drive a school van to/from practices and games.
- Complete a DOJ background check and required NFHS coaching and first aid/CPR certification courses.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong athletic knowledge and experience in the sport of volleyball and desire to build/maintain a successful program.
- Possess a professional and positive demeanor when working with colleagues, students, and parents
- Enjoy working with and developing teenagers as athletes and good citizens.
- Strive to build team-work, skill, and sportsmanship as the cornerstones of a volleyball program
- Find resonance with the school’s mission and philosophy especially with regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Possess the energy to work in a small independent school environment
- Possess excellent organization, time management, and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to provide and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Seek to serve as a role model for young student-athletes
Previous coaching at the high school and/or college level required. Experience playing at the college level or above preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining how you will contribute to the BAY athletic program to: email@example.com, attn: Samantha Gallop, Athletic Director. The deadline to submit applications is June 12, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org