Lick-Wilmerding High School
Lick-Wilmerding High School currently seeks a dedicated educator to join our History Department as full-time teacher beginning August 1, 2020. We are looking for candidates with a desire to join a collaborative department within a college preparatory environment. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong practice of and commitment to collaboration, to pedagogical innovation in order to serve our diverse body of students, to intellectual risk-taking, to self-reflection and growth, and to having enough perspective to not take oneself too seriously. Lick-Wilmerding actively fosters equity and diversity in our hiring practices.
Responsibilities: For this position, appointed faculty will initially teach four sections with two course preparations including sophomore World History and junior Honors United States History. All faculty are also expected to participate fully in all curricular team meetings, department meetings, faculty meetings, and co-curricular responsibilities.
Please note that history classes average 16 -18 students per section, and all LWHS faculty are expected to be available outside of dedicated class time to support students with their work. Faculty also have community responsibilities to further the mission of the school through Advising, the Public Purpose Program, and other co-curricular activities of the school.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A preferred minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching students how to read, think, write and speak critically about the study of history, emphasizing patterns and themes as opposed to data and recall
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and equitable instruction in the History classroom
- Experience in student-centered teaching and learning
- Experience in differentiated instruction for students who come from various academic backgrounds
- Experience working with diverse populations, contributing to campus diversity efforts, and/or evidence of cultural competence
- Interest in curriculum development, curricular innovation, and professional growth
- Interest in and ability to work on a grade level curriculum team
How to Apply:
Please apply through our website (https://www.lwhs.org/about/employment) and submit all in MS Word or PDF format: a 1-2 page cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and a statement of teaching educational philosophy that will serve as a writing sample. Please respond to the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Briefly describe your teaching philosophy.
2. How have you supported students with diverse cultural and academic preparations in a history classroom?
3. Describe how student-centered teaching looks in your classroom and give examples from your teaching experience.
4. Please share examples of recent collaborative efforts, whether between students, adults, or both.
The application process begins immediately and is open until filled. No calls or emails, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com