Website Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
Job Title: Music Teacher (5th to 8th Grade) Job Class: PT Non-Exempt
The Head of School is seeking faculty and staff members who, in addition to their specific responsibilities, demonstrate the following:
● Enjoy working in an international, diverse school environment;
● Share in our values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity, International
mindedness , and the cultivation of character;
● Support the mission of EBI;
● Bring a positive attitude and a sense of professionalism to the School community.
The Teacher will guide students through the different learning processes involved with various subjects and/or skills, thus contributing to the students’ development as mature, capable and responsible world citizens. The teacher must be able to develop and maintain a classroom environment that ensures effective learning and incorporates pedagogical innovations and research. The Teacher must employ the appropriate teaching methodology in order to meet established program objectives and be capable of understanding and meeting the needs of students.
Planning & Preparation for Learning
● Know the subject matter well and have a good grasp of how students learn.
● Plan some units backwards with big ideas, essential questions, knowledge, and skill
● Plan on-the-spot and unit assessments to measure student learning.
● Design lessons that target several learning needs, styles, and interests.
● Foster positive interactions among students and teach useful social skills.
● Teacher routines and make sure that students maintain them all year.
● Have a repertoire of discipline “moves” and can capture and maintain most
● Maximize academic learning time through coherence, lesson momentum, and
● Confident, dynamic “presence” and diffuse most discipline problems before learning
Delivery of Instruction
● Activate students’ prior knowledge and hook their interest in each unit and lesson.
● Use clear explanations, appropriate language, and good examples to present
● Orchestrate effective strategies, materials, and classroom groupings to foster
● Have students actively think about, discuss, and use the ideas and skills being
● Differentiate instruction to accommodate most students’ learning needs.
Monitoring, Assessment, and Follow-Up
● Provide clear criteria for proficiency, including rubrics and exemplars of student work.
● Frequently check for understanding and give students helpful information if they seem confused.
● Has student set goals, self- assess, and know where they stand academically at all times.
● Take responsibility for students who are not succeeding and get them extra help.
● Reflect on the effectiveness of learning and continuously work to improve it.
Family & Outreach
● Give parents clear, succinct expectations for student learning and behavior for the year.
● Communicate as necessary. Medium and tone are appropriate.
● Respond promptly to parent concerns and make parents feel welcome.
● Use conferences and report cards to give parents feedback on their child’s
● Willing to participate beyond the academic program is punctual and reliable with paperwork, duties, and assignments; keep accurate records.
● Demonstrate professional demeanor and maintain appropriate boundaries.
● Ethical and above-board, uses good judgment, and maintains confidentiality with
● Collaborate with colleagues to plan units, share teaching ideas, and look at student work.
● Seek out effective teaching ideas from colleagues, workshops, and other sources and implement them well.
● BA in Music or related field
● Orff training preferred
● Bilingual English and Spanish
● At least two year experience teaching Music
● Primary Years Programme (PYP) is not necessary but it will be given preference
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Occasionally be able to lift, push, pull or carry equipment and materials weighing 50 pounds or more.
● Be able to crawl, reach and occasionally run and drive a vehicle in the normal course of duties.
● May deal with highly stressful situations in the normal course of duties.
To be considered for the position, please complete an application, and send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including supervisors, to Raquel Vizcaíno, Principal (2-8) at email@example.com. Please generate all documents as one MS Word doc or a converted PDF file. Incomplete files, or files or candidates that do not meet the desired qualifications, will not be considered.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ebinternacional.org.