Website Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
Job Title: Middle-School Social Studies, aka ‘Individuals and Societies’
Job Class: Full Time Exempt
Reports to: Principal
The Head of School is seeking faculty and staff members who, in addition to their specific responsibilities, demonstrate the following:
● Enjoy working in an international, diverse school environment;
● Share in our values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity, International
mindedness , and the cultivation of character;
● Support the mission of EBI;
● Bring a positive attitude and a sense of professionalism to the School community..
The Teacher will guide students through the different learning processes involved with various subjects and/or skills, thus contributing to the students’ development as mature, capable and responsible world citizens. The teacher must be able to develop and maintain a classroom environment that ensures effective learning and incorporates pedagogical innovations and research. He/she must employ the appropriate teaching methodology in order to meet established program objectives and be capable of understanding and meeting the needs of students.
Specific responsibilities include:
Planning & Preparation for Learning
● Know the subject matter well.
● Incorporate International Baccalaureate pedagogy.
● Have a good grasp of how students learn.
● Backwards plan with big ideas, essential questions, knowledge, and skill goals.
● Plan on-the-spot and unit assessments to measure student learning.
● Design lessons that target multiple learning needs, styles, and interests.
● Foster positive interactions and teach useful social skills.
● Have a repertoire of discipline “moves” that can defuse most behavior problems before
learning is impacted.
● Capture and maintain most students’ attention.
● Maximize academic learning time through coherence, lesson momentum, and smooth transitions.
Delivery of Instruction
● Activate students’ prior knowledge and hook their interest in each unit and lesson.
● Use clear explanations, appropriate language, and examples to present material.
● Orchestrate effective strategies, materials, and classroom groupings to foster student
● Have students think about, discuss, and use the ideas and skills being taught.
● Differentiate instruction to accommodate most students’ learning needs.
Monitoring, Assessment, and Follow-Up
● Provide clear criteria for proficiency, including rubrics and examples of work.
● Frequently check for understanding and give students helpful information if they seem
● Have student set goals, self- assess, and know where they stand academically.
● Take responsibility for students who are not succeeding and get them extra help.
● Reflect on the effectiveness of teaching/learning and how to improve it.
● Complete paperwork, duties, and assignments accurately and punctually.
● Demonstrate professional demeanor and maintain appropriate boundaries.
● Be ethical and above-board, use good judgment, and maintain confidentiality with student
● Collaborate with colleagues to plan, share teaching ideas, and look at student work.
● Seeks out effective teaching ideas from colleagues, workshops, and other sources.
● Willing to participate beyond the academic program.
● BA in social studies, history, or related field
● Bilingual English / Spanish
● Experience teaching in other international or bilingual schools
● Have PYP, MYP, or IB Diploma training
To be considered for the position, please complete an application, and send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including supervisors, to Raquel Vizcaíno, Principal (2-8) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please generate all
documents as one MS Word doc or a converted PDF file. Incomplete files, or files or candidates that do not meet the desired qualifications, will not be considered.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ebinternacional.org.