Marin Country Day School
ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL MANDARIN CHINESE TEACHER (Part Time)
Reports to Lower School Division Head
Overview of School
Marin Country Day School is an independent, coeducational day school with an enrollment of 590 students in grades K-8. We enroll children from both San Francisco and Marin County and actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body.
The school’s mission asks children to become strong learners and ethical human beings who are prepared and motivated to make their world a better and healthier place. In addition to an engaging curriculum balancing academics, arts and athletics, our current strategic initiatives focus on technology, environmental sustainability, and community and global connections.
MCDS is particularly concerned with supporting its outstanding faculty and professional staff and places a strong emphasis on professional development. Every employee helps create a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members. Members of the faculty and professional staff are bright, collaborative and passionate.
- Prepare and theme-based units designed for a variety of student learning styles, using techniques such as student-generated written work, teacher-led oral exercises, “Total Physical Response” activities, small group dialogue work, long and short term projects as well as culturally relevant activities and exploration
- Monitor and manage effectively student learning with systems and routines in place and through the use of a variety of methods to evaluate student progress
- Collaborate with other teachers on the team
- Help with planning special events, such as assembly presentations
- Attend to the social and emotional needs of students and utilize the expertise of our Student Support Services
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Regularly post homework and large project descriptions to Google Classroom
- Prepare progress reports and conference notes
Grade Level, Team and Department Responsibilities
- Participate in regular team and department meetings focused on grade level logistics (e.g., field trips, special events) and on students
- Attend World Language Department meetings
- Collaborate with department members to develop and refine curriculum and assessments
Division and School-Wide Responsibilities
- Attend weekly faculty meetings
- Attend back to school nights
- Participate in student admission process
- Supervise students at recess, carpool, etc.
- Chaperone dances
- Participate in assemblies
- Participate in school-wide curriculum review
- Serve on committees
- Participate in professional development both at MCDS and outside
- Serve on hiring committees
- Bachelors Degree, Masters and credential preferred
- 3-5 years teaching experience
- Strong ability to work collaboratively
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the school community. Salary and benefits at high NAIS levels.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org