Website Drew School
Mission: Drew knows and believes in teenagers. We engage each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact.
Founded in 1908, Drew School is an independent, urban high school in San Francisco enrolling 300 students in grades 9 through 12. Drew engages each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact. Our school community is centered on experienced, dedicated, and passionate faculty, and engaged, committed students. Drew combines its curriculum with a focus on experiential learning, global awareness, local community involvement, citizenship, and support of individual talents and strengths. More information about Drew is available on our website: www.drewschool.org.
- Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Exempt, Full Time, In-Person
The Associate Director of Finance is a key member of the business team at Drew. He/she/they are responsible for a range of financial and operational functions that ensure the integrity of Drew’s financial statements and records. The Associate Director of Finance carries out and records financial transactions at Drew and plays an important role in the annual budgeting process. Among other responsibilities, the Associate Director of Finance oversees accounts receivable and executes payroll for the school, and provides other critical accounting, finance, and operational support for the school as detailed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting and Finance, Payroll, and Audit
- Manage daily and monthly accounting functions, ensuring accurate and timely financial data entry as well as the timely monthly close of accounts;
- Manage and execute semi-monthly payroll;
- Manage bank deposits and cash receipts consistent with Drew’s cash management policies and procedures;
- Monthly reconciliations of key accounts including accounts receivable, gifts and pledges, and bank accounts;
- Distribute monthly and quarterly financial reports to budget owners, understanding and explaining key variances to plan;
- Help prepare for the annual audit, supporting Drew’s COO and Controller, create schedules for auditors, gather backup data, and generate reports;
Student Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Manage students’ tuition accounts in all related systems (Ravenna, Blackbaud Financial Edge and FACTS), including charges associated with extracurricular programming, tutoring, and laptop reimbursement;
- Reconcile A/R balance to FACTS monthly and monitor past due accounts;
- Communicate with families to answer questions and ensure timely payments of tuition;
- Support the management of tuition refund insurance.
- Support the development of the annual budget;
- Track budget to actuals on a monthly basis.
- Manage a variety of reports and filings, including 403b 8955 and 5500 reports, SF City quarterly filings, etc.;
- Help coordinate insurance needs including corporate liability, accident, workers comp, etc.;
- Work with Advancement Office to account for Annual Fund donations, restricted pledges and annual auction receipts;
- Manage participation in surveys related to state and national associations;
- Maintain written policies for the Drew business office, including Financial Policies and Procedures, and Drew’s operations manual
- Other tasks as identified by the COO or Head of School.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree plus five plus years of accounting and financial management experience, preferably in a school, non-profit, or mission-driven organization;
- CPA a plus;
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Budget and budget tracking experience a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems, experience with the Blackbaud accounting system a plus;
- Advanced skills with Google Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Drew offers a supportive working environment; a competitive salary; 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to a generous number of school and federal holidays per year; a complete health benefits package, including 100% employer paid health coverage for the employee’s base plan and 40% employer paid coverage for dependents in the base plan; and a 403(b) retirement savings plan with matching contributions of up to 6% of employee’s salary.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are interested in this position.
Drew School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an identity-safe school, where all members of the community find opportunities for belonging and growth. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY Drew School of San Francisco admits students of every race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, or handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school administered programs.
Salary: $115,000 – $130,000 DOE
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.