Website Crystal Springs Uplands School
Crystal is a caring and diverse community.
Want to be part of an exciting, collaborative, and vibrant two-campus school community? Crystal Springs Uplands School is full of kind, curious learners (adults and students alike) who are passionate about the school’s mission of transformative teaching and meaningful connections. Our deeply connected culture and community celebrates scholarship, strives for balance, and fosters inclusion. Crystal embodies its core values through robust professional growth and leadership opportunities, intentional relationship-building, an innovative curriculum, and a continual commitment to creating a diverse, equitable school community.
Crystal seeks a full-time (1.0 FTE, exempt) Assistant Director of Admission. This role is a rare opportunity for someone who is forward-thinking, highly relational, collaborative, detail- and results-oriented, creative, and entrepreneurial to be a crucial member of a highly developed team of admission professionals. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, at least three years of working in schools; non-profits, or other dynamic settings serving multiple constituents; Spanish and/or Mandarin language skills; and strong technological skills with Google Workspace, Ravenna (admission software), Microsoft Suite, Slack, and Zoom. A successful candidate in this position will contribute the following:
- Share a commitment to upholding Crystal’s core values and working in an inclusive school environment
- Bring strong organizational, relationship-building, planning, and communication skills
- See and respect the big picture while attending to the details
- Enthusiastically and successfully plan and execute admission events and projects
- Manage several projects, initiatives, and responsibilities at once
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and engage effectively with all constituents
- Be willing and able to pitch in, even without explicitly being asked
- Take advantage of opportunities for professional growth, leadership, and community building
- Engage, recruit, interview, and assess candidates for admission
- Yield mission-appropriate students and families to Crystal
CRYSTAL’S MISSION STATEMENT
Through transformative teaching and meaningful connections, we empower kind, curious learners to thrive together.
CRYSTAL’S CORE VALUES
- We Celebrate Scholarship – The foundation of Crystal is academic excellence.
- We Seek Growth Challenges – Our culture says try it.
- We Foster Kindness & Inclusion – Crystal is a caring and diverse community.
- We Strive for Balance – A holistic approach to well-being is integral to our mission.
- We Engage with Enthusiasm – With unbounded spirit, we give our best effort every day and pay it forward to our community.
- We Lead with Humility – Being grateful and open-minded, we pursue lifelong learning.
The Assistant Director of Admission cultivates and recruits mission-appropriate student applicants for Crystal Springs Uplands School. Duties include community outreach; planning, executing, and participating in admission events; supporting marketing and communication efforts; interviewing prospective students; reading/assessing student files; and communicating with applicants and their families.
Key Job Competencies
- Communication: Exceptional ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills, as well as deep listening skills to gain understanding.
- Cultural Competence: Possesses and applies the skills, values, and principles that acknowledge, respect, contribute, and work effectively across cultural differences. Recognizes the unique value, perspectives, strengths, and challenges of every person who comes to the Crystal community.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates high levels of self/social awareness, self-management, empathy, and curiosity.
- Relationship Management: Positively collaborates and builds/maintains authentic and trusting relationships. Demonstrates high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Decision-Making: Generates and evaluates alternatives before making a decision or taking action, considering the risks associated with each option and selecting the option that has the best balance of risk and reward, encouraging input from others when it is appropriate, standing by decisions without reconsidering unless information or circumstances make it necessary to do so, and evaluating the effectiveness of decisions after they have been made.
- Project Management: Ability to lead and execute complex projects to achieve goal attainment by prioritizing activities, assigning responsibilities in accordance with capabilities, monitoring progress, and evaluating impact.
- Collaboration: the interpersonal and intrapersonal qualities one will leverage to collectively solve a problem or make progress toward a common goal. The ability to work with others to complete a project or task or develop ideas or processes.
- Personal Growth: Demonstrates commitment and curiosity to ongoing learning and development
- Interview students and submit interview write-up reports
- Coordinate outreach efforts and track diversity data
- Maintain and develop relationships with access programs
- Plan and implement events for families of color
- Coordinate and oversee Middle School visitor program and training of hosts
- Organize Middle School faculty interviewers
- Oversee Crystal Ambassador selection, management, training, video blogging, and visitor season duties
- Attend all Crystal Open Houses and organize student panels, speakers, and tour guides
- Maintain communication with prospective families throughout the admissions process
- Participate in all aspects of the application decision process, including reading applications and serving on the admission committee
- Assist with monitoring the wait pool
- Assist with general operations of the Admission Office, including phone and email inquiries and maintenance of applications
- Visit schools and present to prospective students
- Attend recruitment fairs and events
- Order Crystal gear for Upper School and Middle School
- Assist with the formation of advisory groups for incoming classes
- Other duties that support the Crystal experience
- Serve as an advisor
- Serve on two committees, one of which is the Admission Committee
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate all direct reports
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Uphold Crystal’s core values
- Foster an inclusive school environment
Education, Certifications, and Work-Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of experience in the fields of Education and/or Admission/Enrollment
- Experience using technology including Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Slack
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Ravenna admission software
- Spanish and/or Mandarin speaking
- Experience with social media marketing
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Able to work in a dynamic environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Able to climb stairs
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods
Light travel between the Middle School and Upper School campuses, as needed. Attend events as required.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), career position, and eligible for 12-month employee benefits. This position is an exempt, semi-monthly paid position. The annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $70,000-$125,000.
Interested candidates should apply immediately by submitting the following: 1) a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your anticipated contribution to the Crystal community given the job description; 2) your resume; and 3) a list of three references to Oriana Isaacson, Interim Director of Admission, by email: ADOA@csus.org or by mail: Crystal Springs Upland