Website Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
Job Title: Director of Recruitment and Enrollment
Employment status: Full-time exempt; in-person
Reports to: President/CEO
Supervises: Enrollment Manager
Location: On-campus and fieldwork
Located in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district at the Saint Elizabeth Campus, Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (CRDLS) is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
CRDLS is one of 39 high schools across the country associated with the Cristo Rey Network. The Network began more than 25 years ago with an education/work study model that has proven to be universally successful.
Working at CRDLS is UNLIKE working in a traditional high school environment. As an independent private school, students aren’t placed at CRDLS; they choose us! Faculty and staff are the backbone of the school and the development of relationships are foundational to the success of each student. The success of the program was recently demonstrated by the acceptance to four-year colleges by 100% of the inaugural graduating class of 2022.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a dynamic growth-minded individual committed to our mission, equity and inclusion, and who reflects and celebrates our rich cultural diversity. Though we do not all work in a classroom, in a Lasallian school, all faculty and staff are considered educators and active role models for our students, please check out our seven essential characteristics of an educator at CRDLS.
The Director of Recruitment and Enrollment collaborates directly with prospective students, parents, faculty, area schools and community organizations.
The Director of Recruitment and Enrollment plays the crucial role of recruiting, admitting and enrolling new and transfer students and is responsible for meeting the annual enrollment goal set by the President and the Senior Management Team.
As the first point of contact for many students, parents and community members, the position requires both a commitment to the Cristo Rey mission and a passion for expanding our unique program to underserved students and an ability to build community and develop and manage relationships with local schools, organizations, churches, and community leaders.
The position manages the daily operations of the Recruitment and Enrollment Department and the planning and development of all recruiting and admissions related matters. The Director articulates the mission, programs and opportunities of Cristo Rey De La Salle to students, parents/guardians, elementary/middle school educators, principals and counselors, and other gatekeepers and thought-leaders in the community. The Director of Recruitment and Enrollment must be able to adapt to changing responsibilities and maintain absolute confidentiality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, model, embrace and implement the school’s mission and philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration
- Build external relationships designed to recruit students who fit the Cristo Rey student profile with Catholic, public, charter and other private elementary and middle/junior high schools in surrounding areas as well as with community organizations, employers, groups and nonprofits serving youth and parents
- Represent Cristo Rey De La Salle to potential students and their families at high school fairs, expos, church services, community fairs, and other community gatherings, often with representatives of the school community such as student ambassadors
- Communicate the mission and value of the school to the community and external stakeholders through a variety of media in collaboration with the Enrollment Manager and Vice President of Advancement (Communications)
- Staff management: lead the Recruitment and Enrollment Department which includes regularly reporting to the President and to the Board, conduct effective team meetings and one-on-ones, provide subject matter expertise and support to direct reports, set and manage annual budget
- Develop, maintain and manage year-long recruitment and enrollment plans that integrate ongoing, multi-level efforts with multiple internal and external stakeholders while balancing ongoing recruitment efforts with time-sensitive enrollment tasks
- Collaborate with the Enrollment Manager and Vice President of Advancement to develop marketing strategies, especially with design of promotional materials and use of social media. Oversee the design of advertisements, mailings, web pages, and other publications that will promote the school to prospective students and their families
- Organize, oversee and participate in the interview and admissions process which includes coordinating with faculty, Corporate Work Study staff, school leadership and prospective students and their families to ensure a timely, smooth and effective admissions process
- Plan, execute and garner internal and external engagement in school ambassadorial programs such as Open Houses, Shadow Days and other promotional events
- Provide superior customer service by maintaining timely communication in Spanish and English with prospective students and their families
- Assist families through the financial aid process, including the completion of income verification
- Share with the Enrollment Manager the responsibility for maintaining databases, and assembling admissions-related materials for mailings to schools and prospective students, sending out mailings
- Support Enrollment Manager with the school’s Ambassadors Program for students and parents
- Manage and prepare comprehensive, data-driven reports about recruitment, enrollment and retention for the President, Board of Directors and the Cristo Rey Network
- Attend and participate in Cristo Rey Network programs and professional development for Recruitment and Enrollment
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Staff and department management experience preferred
- Ability to work in a faith-based organization
- At least 5 years in recruitment, enrollment services, non-profit management, marketing, education, student services or related fields
- Highly collaborative, dynamic leader with the ability to manage a large number of professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven commitment and ability to serve and connect on a personal level with the diverse and dynamic students and families, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders that comprise the CRDLS community
- Persuasive communication style, with excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to work in a fast-paced, detail-heavy environment that often presents competing priorities that require quick decisions and good judgment.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively to problem solve in a rigorous workplace environment
Conditions of Employment
This position is an exempt, full-time, onsite position.
- Must pass background checks for working in a school setting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a reliable personal vehicle
- Some nights and weekends required
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as 403(b) with matching and health, vision, and dental benefits.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Cristo Rey De La Salle, please submit a PDF document of your resume and cover letter with 3 professional references and 1 personal reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com