Reports To: After School Director and K-8 Director
Position Type: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm beginning August 2023
Rate: $22.00 to $24.00 per hour, depending on experience
Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland (K-8) and Lafayette (9-12), California. Founded in 1920, Bentley School’s legacy of excellence in teaching and learning maximizes student success in college and throughout their lives. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of academic achievement, balance, and the cultivation of character.
The Bentley School After School Program is available to all students’ grades K-8. The cost is included in tuition with charges only for special class offerings. After school activities and opportunities are designed to complement and enhance Bentley’s academic program, to cultivate student skills, and to provide additional experiences in areas outside of the regular curriculum.
The After School Program is available during the regular school year from 2:00pm to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. There are also additional opportunities for this position to continue to work during the summer session.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
● Support the After School Program in providing a high-quality experience for students.
● Supervise students in various environments, including library, outside/play areas, and classrooms.
● Support development of regular classroom plans for students in after-school program spaces.
● Supports the development of curriculum for, and delivery of, regular enrichment programming for students in after-school programs.
● Encourage inclusive, healthy play to develop and improve students’ physical and social skills.
● Support with the daily dismissal process for all students on campus
● Be willing to jump in wherever needed on campus
● Build a trusting relationship with students and the school community
● Communicate effectively and professionally with parents, staff and faculty, and other members of the ASP team, to ensure the safety and well-being of each student.
● Assist with setup and cleanup of ASP activities.
● Ensure materials, equipment, and community spaces are used appropriately.
● High School Diploma
● Some college-related credits in Early Childhood or Education, preferred.
● Related experience with school-age children and youth (K-8) in educational or recreational settings, preferred.
● CPR/First Aid certified, or willingness to be certified
● Ability to walk, run, bend, squat, or lift child and stand for long periods.
Bentley School requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest, and a CV/resume. A list with the names and contact information of three (3) references should also be included. No phone calls, please.
Qualified, interested candidates may apply for the position through online application at https://bentleyschool.bamboohr.com/careers/163
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. Bentley School offers equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and all employees without regard to sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, race, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, religious creed, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic characteristic or genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, citizenship, medical leave or other types of protected leave, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. An applicant who does not meet the minimum qualifications of the position(s) for which the applicant applies will not be considered for employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply or interview for the position, or otherwise participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit bentleyschool.bamboohr.com.