The Athenian School
The Athenian School
Full-time Exempt Position: Associate or Assistant Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Reporting to the Director of Admission and Financial Aid, the Associate or Assistant Director of Admission and Financial Aid is responsible for managing a significant portion of the School’s admission process. Specific responsibilities, title, and Admission team configuration are to be determined based on the person’s previous relevant experience and demonstrated skills.
- Greets, interviews and maintains contact with prospective students and their families. Assists in the coordination of all programs targeting prospective students.
- Counsels and advises families on the admission process, Athenian’s distinctive curriculum and programs, and the School’s mission and purpose.
- Coordinates the visit experience of applicants during their on-campus activities and the student Ambassador program including the management and training of hosts.
- Organizes events such as open houses, information sessions, admission testing, and receptions.
- Represents the school at secondary school fairs and visits as needed. These recruitment activities may involve some travel and weekend and evening events.
- Evaluates applications and assists the Director in the coordination of the Admission and Financial Aid Committees.
- Assists with the use of computer software in processing of inquiries and applications. Assists the Office Coordinator and Director as needed, answering telephones, etc.
- With the Director, develops new publications, materials, web content, and programs to enhance the recruitment and admission programs.
- Coordinates registration documents and activities.
- Coordinates Admission Office in absence of Director.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
- Private school or university-level admission (or other transferable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with a wide variety of individuals and ages.
- Strong collaboration skills, initiative, and work ethic.
- Comfort with MS Office Suite and Google apps.
- Understanding of independent school education is a plus.
- Experience with Ravenna or other similar platforms is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Some travel required, along with the ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Timeline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin on February 20, 2020.
How to apply: If interested, please apply electronically by emailing a cover letter and resume (as a single attachment) to Chris Beeson, Director of Admission and Financial Aid at cbeeson @ athenian.org. No phone calls please.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes professional development opportunities.
The Athenian School is a distinctive independent school that prepares its students for college and for lives of meaning and purpose. Athenian encourages students to become life-long learners and infuses them with confidence, independence, personal responsibility and a sense of community. Enrollment in grades 6-12 is 531 students, including 60 boarding students, 48 of whom are international students. We ask that applicants take time to read about Athenian’s history and philosophy (visit our website: www.athenian.org).
Every employee is an Athenian community member, and as such, embraces the cornerstones of Athenian’s philosophy: respect; open, direct communication; honesty; fairness; responsibility; and dedication to the students in their intellectual and personal growth. Additionally, active support for environmental conservation, international understanding, equity, inclusion, justice, participatory government, outdoor education, and service is essential. Cultural competence is an expectation of employment for all professional staff at Athenian. As a school that from its founding has valued the worth and integrity of each individual, we are particularly interested in candidates with a proven commitment to teaching and working in a diverse, multicultural setting.
Athenian School strives to attract and retain a faculty and staff of the highest caliber. We have a unique community here, filled with many differing opinions, backgrounds, ideologies and experiences. We have students from all over the globe, our families include a mom and a dad, two moms, two dads, single parents, guardians and stepparents. We have many faiths and those who are non-observant. We represent all income levels. What we share is a belief in Athenian’s mission. By embracing diversity in all forms — gender and gender identity, sexuality, faith, ethnicity, socio-economic status — we encourage students to take intellectual risks, to challenge their own assumptions and to learn to work collaboratively as global citizens and advocates for positive change.
The Athenian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, faith, sex, gender or gender expression, age, ability, sexual orientation, familial or marital status. The Athenian School is actively seeking to create a more culturally diverse school community and as such, we encourage people of color and members of the LGBTIQ community to apply.
Athenian’s salary and benefits are competitive and include medical, vision, and dental insurance, a retirement plan, a smoke-free environment, and a daily prepared lunch.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com