Whether you are a faculty or a staff member, you are part of Menlo’s mission to empower students to explore and expand their interests, reach their fullest potential, develop the skills necessary for success in college, and become ethical, responsible, and engaged members of ever wider communities. Menlo School believes that students are better educated and prepared to succeed when the School community—students, families, faculty, administration, and staff— reflect the diversity of the Bay Area.
The Associate Director and Director of Multicultural Outreach will be one of two Associate Directors and an integral part of the Admissions leadership team. This Associate Director will be actively involved with all initiatives related to Menlo School admissions (grades 6 through 12). Responsibilities will include representing Menlo School to a wide and diverse audience; maintaining relationships at feeder schools; corresponding with prospective students and their families; helping to organize various admission events; participating fully and helping facilitate in the evaluation of applications and selection of the incoming class; and other duties as assigned by the Director.
Specific Duties would include:
Communication with prospective students and families:
- Serve as a guide to help students and families understand the steps in the admissions process
- Coordinate the campus visit programs for prospective students and parents
- Assist with Preview Days and other admission events.
- Conduct candidate interviews
- Counsel families on the financial aid process
Application Process and Data:
- Oversee the tracking and completion of applications
- Evaluate applicants and participate in the Admissions Committees
- Assist with statistical analysis of admission data and prepare reports
- Responsible for tracking diversity data for the whole school
- Assist with the design and implementation of new outreach efforts
- Lead strategic partnerships with community leaders and partner organizations that align with the institution’s plan for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Represent Menlo at school fairs and visit feeder schools/community-based organizations
- Help foster an inclusive community program to positively engage, academically and emotionally support, and retain students
- Work with school’s Communications Office in preparation of publications, videos and web pages
- Select and train student ambassadors to guide prospective students during visit days and Preview Days
- Bachelor’s Degree required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Previous independent school admission experience with an overall understanding of successful recruitment and enrollment management practices is strongly preferred
- Experience with the online enrollment platform Ravenna preferred
- Experience with SSS and financial aid a plus
- Excellent communication skills in both speaking and writing
- Experience as an established education professional with high energy and drive
- Strong organizational skills ranging from project management to follow through on details
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the admissions team and the faculty, who are integral to the success of the admissions process
- Genuine affinity for working with children and families in an educational setting
Menlo School is committed to attracting and retaining excellent faculty and offers a generous compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits, generous time-off benefits and full health/vision/dental coverage.
Qualified candidates please apply at www.menloschool.org/employment-openings.php
Menlo School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com