Marin Country Day School
After School Coordinator – Family Leave Substitute
Aug 2019 – Feb 2020, Full-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to Director of After School Programs
Marin Country Day School, an independent, coeducational day school with an enrollment of 580 students in grades K-8, is currently seeking to fill the After School Coordinator position for their after-school extended care program (PM) for part of the 2019-2020 school year (full-time position 4/15/19 – 2/14/2020; a part-time position will be available 2/15/20 – 6/14/20).
PM is the after-school care program available to students in grades K-4. The PM Program is led by the Director of After School Programs and the PM Coordinator, with four qualified instructors assisting. Considered a place for kids to play and have fun, PM provides a balance between structured and self-directed activities. PM instructors encourage students to use their creative minds through various structured art and building projects, while building on the skills of teamwork and developing self-esteem through sporting games and activities. For children interested in a quieter environment, there is a space dedicated to working on homework, reading or other independent activities.
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS School is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 590 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin. Our mission states:
Our school is a community that
Inspires children to develop a love of learning,
thoughtful perspectives and a diversity of skills;
Nurtures in each of them a deep sense of
respect, responsibility and compassion; and
Challenges them to envision and to work toward a better world.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility for daily role sheets/tracking daily use for each child
- Responsible for checking in/dismissal of all students in the program
- Co-lead bi-monthly planning meetings
- Maintain communications with parents concerning scheduling
- Noting any Forte/PM/ASAP and after-school tutoring changes on daily sheets
- Add/read transportation notes/print daily attendance sheets and make changes
- Share in and contribute to the planning of various activities
- Supervise PM students in program
- Supervise and assist with snack planning, ordering, preparation and serving
- Work with Director of after-school programs to develop and implement new programs
- Develop system to track and keep inventory of supplies
- Compose PM rosters at beginning of year and update throughout school year
- Responsible for closing PM and all closing duties
- Designing the display cases and bulletin boards in PM
- Going to SST’s when students who regularly attend PM our on the schedule
This is a full-time position; Monday-Friday 10:15-6:15, August 15th through February 14th (including full days 8-4 during our professional days and conference days). After February 14th there will be a part-time position available.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. Benefits are included for full-time employment.
- Experience coordinating after school programs
- Solid understanding of child development
- Strong communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Positive outlook
- Ability to both lead and follow others
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong team player
- Dependable, responsible, proactive, and reliable
- Great ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Interest in professional development in the field of education and desire for a long-term career working with children
- B.A. degree with a background in Education or Child Development preferred, but not required
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community.
For more information or to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org